House Of Barrington

Blacky

What do people know/remember about this place?

I only know of it as it was advertised in old Sheff Utd programmes and I believe they were responsible for the "Hobbot" kits of the early 80s, the H. O. B. standing for "House Of Barrington" - not sure what the B. O. T. stood for?

The only other thing i know is that they were based on Abbeydale Road. I assume that it was some kind of department store maybe? cant find anything on picture sheffield.

Never heard of 'em.

http://www.data-sheffield.co.uk/company/House+Of+Barrington/272186

What do people know/remember about this place?

I only know of it as it was advertised in old Sheff Utd programmes and I believe they were responsible for the "Hobbot" kits of the early 80s, the H. O. B. standing for "House Of Barrington" - not sure what the B. O. T. stood for?

The only other thing i know is that they were based on Abbeydale Road. I assume that it was some kind of department store maybe? cant find anything on picture sheffield.

"Anybody remember the HOBOTT kit HOUSE OF BARRINGTON OFFICIAL TEAMSTER TOP belonging to KEN BARRINGTON ex director he had a shop on Abbeydale rd near the old cinema also had a RAG AN TAG shop opposite BANNERS down ATTERCLIFFE rd now that WAS a small firm."

Source

Daft capitals as per the original.

I remember Barringtons as being a sort of antiques & collectables shop. Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that they started in business about 1971 & they took over the saspirella shop premises plus the premises of the shop adjacent to it.

I remember Barringtons as being a sort of antiques & collectables shop. Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that they started in business about 1971 & they took over the saspirella shop premises plus the premises of the shop adjacent to it.

Abbeydale Road (1965)

375 Garlick H P., B.D.S., L.D.S., dental surgeon.

377 Bridges G E, Herbalist.

379 Bodsworth Bros. Ltd., decorators.

381 Bagshaw James Ltd., etching transfer manufacturers.

---- Abbeydale Picture House ----