Shemeld Family

Guest Linz85

Guest Linz85

Hello!

Bit of a weird one (I think) :)

Right, I'm trying to find out if my husband, might be related to my daughter... lol sounds even worse now.... His step-daughter!

His Nans surname was Shemeld, and my daughters Dad's surname is the same.

Her name was Jean Shemeld, and she had 5 sisters, she married a Wasden. Her parents were Ernest and Edith Shemeld.

My ex partners surname is Shemeld, and his Dad is Glyn Shemeld. I believe his father was called James Shemeld (and possibly James' father was called Ernest, but not married to an Edith).

I have used a few geneology sites, but without paying for subscription, which I can't afford, I've been unable to get back any further than Ernest and Edith to find records that might provide some link.

Any help is much appreciated!

To do a search could do with some dates, even approx, with the names :) Ancestry likes the year born and place, or it goes wild with the results :mellow:

Hello!

Bit of a weird one (I think) :)

Right, I'm trying to find out if my husband, might be related to my daughter... lol sounds even worse now.... His step-daughter!

His Nans surname was Shemeld, and my daughters Dad's surname is the same.

Her name was Jean Shemeld, and she had 5 sisters, she married a Wasden. Her parents were Ernest and Edith Shemeld.

My ex partners surname is Shemeld, and his Dad is Glyn Shemeld. I believe his father was called James Shemeld (and possibly James' father was called Ernest, but not married to an Edith).

I have used a few geneology sites, but without paying for subscription, which I can't afford, I've been unable to get back any further than Ernest and Edith to find records that might provide some link.

Any help is much appreciated!

It would appear possible- if the following is correct? There are two lines and a Frederick and Ernest appear on the census return below for 1911. Could be completely wrong. Confirm if correct and I can send you the full details

Jean b. 1932 - Father Ernest b.circa 1895 m Edith Bollington

Glyn b. 1955 - Father James b. 1927 - Father Frederick b.circa 1900 m Beatrice Goddard

Guest Linz85

Yes, those details are correct (I think)! Thanks a lot, we are still not 100% on Frederick though - am trying to find out :D

Guest Linz85

Have found out that Glyn's Mother's surname was Burns and she married James in 1950.

Guest Linz85

It would appear possible- if the following is correct? There are two lines and a Frederick and Ernest appear on the census return below for 1911. Could be completely wrong. Confirm if correct and I can send you the full details

Jean b. 1932 - Father Ernest b.circa 1895 m Edith Bollington

Glyn b. 1955 - Father James b. 1927 - Father Frederick b.circa 1900 m Beatrice Goddard

Thanks again! We now think the missing name is Frederick - but known as 'Frank' and married to Beatrice.

Is it likely Ernest and Frank were brothers then? :)

Anyone doing Shemeld research from the early 1800's?

I am researching John Shemeld, Razormaker born 12 Sept 1804 -- lived on New Church St according to 1841 census