Help Needed ......again !

Guest Barbara M

Guest Barbara M

I am afraid I need your help again to find an address, I have found the family of Joseph Alwyn Willoughbys' new wife & they are the Lidgards of 20 Firths Road, Norton Woodseats, and again I can't find any trace of the address !!

Can anyone help ?

I have attached the original copy of the1901 Census return, and also a transcribed copy of the address from Genes Reunited.

Look well if it is another one like the last one !!!

Guest Barbara M

P.S to the above .....I have had the magnifying glass on the census looking at the way he has formed his letters but can't find anything untoward , it's not as though its faded like " Albert Road " was !!!!

I am afraid I need your help again to find an address, I have found the family of Joseph Alwyn Willoughbys' new wife & they are the Lidgards of 20 Firths Road, Norton Woodseats, and again I can't find any trace of the address !!

Can anyone help ?

I have attached the original copy of the1901 Census return, and also a transcribed copy of the address from Genes Reunited.

Hi Barbara M

I have found the same results as you in the Census but i did notice that if you search for the address Firths Road you get the even numbers,

but if you search for Firth Road you get the Odd numbers. Strange !!!

P.S to the above .....I have had the magnifying glass on the census looking at the way he has formed his letters but can't find anything untoward , it's not as though its faded like " Albert Road " was !!!!

This is the description page for the Enumeration District, also following the pages the numerator walked the length of Firths Rd and ended up near Millhouses station, which agrees with the description

Hi Barbara M

I have found the same results as you in the Census but i did notice that if you search for the address Firths Road you get the even numbers,

but if you search for Firth Road you get the Odd numbers. Strange !!!

After walking Firths Road (Even Numbers ) the enumerator moved to these addresses

See this link

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887743

So Firth Rd is now Woodseats Rd (according to the above link)

Can anyone help ?

In the 1911 Census The Lingards are living at 791 Abbey Dale Road Sheffield.

Guest Barbara M

In the 1911 Census The Lingards are living at 791 Abbey Dale Road Sheffield.

I have a thing about trying to picture places where my ancestors used to live & as I know Woodseats / Heeley areas fairly well , having been born there & spent the first 5 yrs of my life there & subsequent visits since , I couldn't for the life of me think where Firths Road was , so I looked it up in my trusty A to Z !! Not so trusty as it turned out !!!

Since then I have found that the family moved to 791 Abbeydale Rd; ( thanks syrup ) and in March 1921 Mary Lingard married my ancestor Joseph Alwyn Willoughby & in July 1924 had a son Paul.

I am now going to have a look around to see if there was anymore family.

Thanks for all your help & when I get their marriage certificate I will post it on here .

Thanks also to Stuart 0742 for the link about Woodseats Rd .

I have a thing about trying to picture places where my ancestors used to live & as I know Woodseats / Heeley areas fairly well , having been born there & spent the first 5 yrs of my life there & subsequent visits since , I couldn't for the life of me think where Firths Road was , so I looked it up in my trusty A to Z !! Not so trusty as it turned out !!!

Since then I have found that the family moved to 791 Abbeydale Rd; ( thanks syrup ) and in March 1921 Mary Lingard married my ancestor Joseph Alwyn Willoughby & in July 1924 had a son Paul.

Thanks for all your help & when I get their marriage certificate I will post it on here .

In 1949 A Paul Willoughby married Betty Green.

in Jan-feb or march.

If it's the same Paul.

Guest Barbara M

Thanks for this Syrup, I will send off for the marriage cert as there are no more older members of our family alive to ask . I would love to find some others on here or Genes or Ancestry lookiing for the same family of Willoughbys ( I know there is another Willoughby family in Sheffield that is no connection ) as I think I can't surely be the only one from such a big family !!

Cheers , Barbara

Guest Barbara M

I received the marriage certificate in the post this morning & here it is.......they lived just round the corner from each other !!!

Guest Barbara M

In 1949 A Paul Willoughby married Betty Green.

in Jan-feb or march.

If it's the same Paul.

Hi syrup,

I received the marriage certificate this morning & as far as I can see it is the same Paul Willoughby, because his fathers name is the same .....there can't be that many Joseph Alwyn Willoughby's in Sheffield !!!

Paul Willoughby would be about 88 now, so it will be a long shot to find him still alive . His father , Joseph Alwyn , is given on the marriage certificate as a " Fuel or Fish Merchant " not as a policeman as at Pauls birth, but in 1949 Joseph Alwyn would have been approx 52 yrs old & probably retired from the police force.

I will have to find out more if possible but without access to trade directories I don't hold much hope out. Will it help to post the marriage certificate or not as it's possible Paul is still alive as my mothers cousin who is a Willoughby & lives in New Zealand is 88. They seem to be a long living family !! I have asked her if she remembers Paul but she is a little confused at times & says not.