Inactive Member, Now Active-Ish.

RichardB

Fwd: Sheffield Morris men

I'm a Morris men, there are seven of us but half can't dance a lick....but all can drink beer! I can two step and do a mean twist. But my Morris relatives and Weir are from the Scotland area, not Sheffield. But on my wife side, her family; the Unsworth (sp) are from Sheffield area.

Have any showed up in your research ?

------------------------------

From dormant member "Tony R Morris" in Iowa, USA, a true friend, I've slept in his house; walked his dog ..., visited his son's home, shared his food and danced with his wife (from around Doncaster way - ?); and he with mine, I've danced wirh his dog Samia too. She's a better dancer than me ....

My Great Grandmother was Matilda Susannah Morris! He father was Samuel Morris 1833-93, his George 1804-80, then John 1748-1848, Samuel 1745-?, John 1724-1824...

Some of the earlier ones like the surname Maurice to Morris, they lived in Rossington, Stannington, Ecclesfield and Bradfield.

Guest Barbara M

It doesn't look as though I have done it right !!! As I can't get the info out !!

There are quite a few Unsworth's , from the 1909 census to the 1841 census I just put Unsworth in & " Sheffield " perhaps someone with a bit more experience then me can help ??

Barbara

It's his wife's family who is from South Yorks, he's also not quite up to par when it comes to drinking beer - 3.2% indeed - Bah. he he Mike (a mutual friend) did once say "I think I'll just stay up and out drink this Brit" the look on Tony's face was priceless as he pointed out Mike was drinking Coors Light and I was drinking Vodka ...

A very good friend though, we speak regularly, I've stayed at his home several times, known him about 13 years, he was the person that drove for hours to pick wife, step-daughter and me up on our first USA visit. Top bloke - he's emailled asking for a reminder as to how to get back on here - so he may visit - he's got nothing to do with Sheffield however.

My Great Grandmother was Matilda Susannah Morris! He father was Samuel Morris 1833-93, his George 1804-80, then John 1748-1848, Samuel 1745-?, John 1724-1824...

Some of the earlier ones like the surname Maurice to Morris, they lived in Rossington, Stannington, Ecclesfield and Bradfield.

At times like these, I just usually shout "STEVE" !

It doesn't look as though I have done it right !!! As I can't get the info out !! There are quite a few Unsworth's , from the 1909 census to the 1841 census I just put Unsworth in & " Sheffield " perhaps someone with a bit more experience then me can help ?? Barbara

timestamp='1333215322' post='104423']

At times like these, I just usually shout "STEVE" !

They are Temporary search files, so can not be opened, they contain no data,

isn't the site 'pay to view' ?

Guest Barbara M

I didn't know that & I am a member !!! I am also clueless when it comes to computers , better leave this to some one else, as the info is there if you know how to access it !!! :) Good luck !!

Barbara

Sorry about my last post thought i was being clever and made a right mess of it if a modarator could delete it all i willstart again.

Thank you

Sorry about my last post thought i was being clever and made a right mess of it if a modarator could delete it all i willstart again.

Thank you

Deleted it syrup. ( Hope it was the right one! :huh: )

I was just putting it right at the same time as you deleted it Bayleaf.

Gave me a fright when it just disappeared. lol

I didn't know that & I am a member !!! I am also clueless when it comes to computers , better leave this to some one else, as the info is there if you know how to access it !!! :) Good luck !!

Barbara

Hi Barbara M

Second attempt.

1911.19 Evans St Sheffield

41 Mackenzie St Sheffield

1901. 19, Evans Street, Ecclesall Bierlow, Sheffield

1891. 75, Oxford Street, Nether Hallam, Sheffield

4, Evans Street, Ecclesall Bierlow, Sheffield

St Josephs Home, Howard Hill Sheffield

1871. Carlton Road, Attercliffe Cum Darnall, Sheffield

1851. Infirmary Road, Sheffield

1841. Meadow Street, Sheffield

Eyre Street, Sheffield, Sheffield, South

Guest Barbara M

Hi Barbara M

Second attempt.

1911.19 Evans St Sheffield

41 Mackenzie St Sheffield

1901. 19, Evans Street, Ecclesall Bierlow, Sheffield

1891. 75, Oxford Street, Nether Hallam, Sheffield

4, Evans Street, Ecclesall Bierlow, Sheffield

St Josephs Home, Howard Hill Sheffield

1871. Carlton Road, Attercliffe Cum Darnall, Sheffield

1851. Infirmary Road, Sheffield

1841. Meadow Street, Sheffield

Eyre Street, Sheffield, Sheffield, South

Thanks for this , Syrup.

I think the thing to do now is to ask Richard B to cantact Tony Martin in Iowa , to ask if any of these people are his wife's relations & if we get a result ....job well done !!