Normanton Street, Brightside Bierlow,

Ok I found it - via the index to the Geographia Streetplan. It's near Burngreave Cemetery, on Map 50 in your large scale 1950s OS maps.

Excellent resource chaps!

Cheers, Chris

Ok I found it - via the index to the Geographia Streetplan. It's near Burngreave Cemetery, on Map 50 in your large scale 1950s OS maps.

Excellent resource chaps!

Cheers, Chris

Not on OS map #50, it is on

:)

Pop into Joseph Yardley's (Shopkeeper and beer retailer, No. 2, 1893) and get me a pint and a loaf please or Joseph Barretta's at 24 (Shopkeeper and beer retailer) if it's closer for you.

Hi,

Anyobe know where Normanton Street, Brightside Bierlow, was (in 1887) ?

Thanks, Chris

Any evidence to back that up please Steve ? Any directory entries/census information - anyone ? Could just be lack of space on the map and an abbreviation ....

just a thought.

Normanton Street was formally called 'Norman Street', if you take a look on the Bacon's map.

Any evidence to back that up please Steve ? Any directory entries/census information - anyone ? Could just be lack of space on the map and an abbreviation ....

just a thought.

Could it be a typo .. ?

Pop into Joseph Yardley's (Shopkeeper and beer retailer, No. 2, 1893) and get me a pint and a loaf please or Joseph Barretta's at 24 (Shopkeeper and beer retailer) if it's closer for you.

No. 24 would have been nearest - my Grandfather was born at no. 23 where his mother was a dressmaker.

Chris

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...