Club Card

RichardB

1973-1975; I don't recall where this was; or, was it indeed "La Plata" behind the Hillsborough Baths ?

Oooh !!

The one on the right says 'Hillsborough Social Club' - Where could that have been ?

Oooh !!

The one on the right says 'Hillsborough Social Club' - Where could that have been ?

I think it was/is the La Plata Club, just down from Thorsby Road, basically behind the Swimming Baths (as was); recall going their a few times with my father.

Guest codeyes

Hillsborough Social Club is in fact the Oakland Road club. I was a member there from 1968......the signature on then right hand photo is, if I can remember, that of Ernest Wragg who would have been the club chairman at the time....I think that the one before him was Curly Abbott, whose missus had a sweetshop at the end of Portsea road on the fork with Hawthorn and Beechwood

Hillsborough Social Club is in fact the Oakland Road club. I was a member there from 1968......the signature on then right hand photo is, if I can remember, that of Ernest Wragg who would have been the club chairman at the time....I think that the one before him was Curly Abbott, whose missus had a sweetshop at the end of Portsea road on the fork with Hawthorn and Beechwood

Well done, I'd completely forgotten that place; strange because one of my sisters lived on Meredith Road ! Never made it into this club however.

Thanks