The Sheffield History 2012 Calendar

SteveHB

Looking forwards to it Steve, Thank you in advance.

Likewise, I thought we had almost forgotten about it this year.

Layout looks good, similar to last years.

Hope it takes into account that 2012 is a leap year and will need a 29th February in it.

I'm hoping for a 34th of February lol

Likewise, I thought we had almost forgotten about it this year.

Layout looks good, similar to last years.

Hope it takes into account that 2012 is a leap year and will need a 29th February in it.

I'm hoping for a 34th of February lol

Won't that be early in April then? <_<

Of course if a calendar misjudges a leap year in February then it will probably put the 10 following months a day out as well.

Of course if a calendar misjudges a leap year in February then it will probably put the 10 following months a day out as well.

According to Steve's calendar preview in post #1 May 2012 will start with May 1st on a Tuesday.

This is what I would have expected and is consistent with February 2012 being a leap year.

34th February would be early March depending on the leap year situation, unless the months are alphabetical or they have been dropped and are random.

34th February would be early March depending on the leap year situation, unless the months are alphabetical or they have been dropped and are random.

My slip, it would be the 5th or 6th March depending upon the leap year situation.

The A4 sized files are on a hosting site @ (www.filehosting.org),

a link here ..

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/304152/SH_cal_2012.zip

Enter your your email address, and you should receive an email confirming a link to download

the Compressed Zipped Folder (23.0 MB) named SH_cal_2012.zip ..

The page will look like this ..

I'm pleased the the link worked OK,

sorry it is a bit late this year.

It's not too late Steve, - still available and ready before the start of the New Year.

The link worked perfectly on the hosting site.

You just had to be careful to click on the small word link "download" to get what you wanted (the calendar .zip) and not on the big download button otherwise you ended up downloading some game or software you didn't really want. At least it gave you 20 seconds or so to cancel the download if you were misled into pressing it.

Not late at all, available before New Years Eve sounds pretty spot on to me.

I'm pleased the the link worked OK,

sorry it is a bit late this year.

Not late at all, available before New Years Eve sounds pretty spot on to me.

I thought you would be moaning that it doesn't have a 34th February on it. lol

I always write one on in honour of Spike Milligan and his cheap Chilean calendar joke.

I thought you would be moaning that it doesn't have a 34th February on it. lol

I always write one on in honour of Spike Milligan and his cheap Chilean calendar joke.

Funny you should say that.

I was reading only yesterday about a new calendar system designed by someone.

Now bear in mind our current Gregorian calendar is very accurate and has served us well since 1752, at which point the change from the previous Julian calendar caused mayhem and riots due to the loss of about 11 days to make a "correction", and the Julian calendar had also served us well since Roman times as its name suggests.

The new calendar has 364 days and fixes dates to a permenant day of the week, so for exmple, Christmas day could be on Sunday every year. It could also fix the position of Easter which is a much more difficult proposition.

However, to keep it in step with astronomical time and the seasons (which the current Gregorian calendar is designed to do) it requires leap years, leap days and "mini months" inserted at complex and unpredictable points.

A bit like your cheap Chilean calendar.

I don't think it will be implimented,

Come on, swapping Samoa from one side of the International Date Line to the other and loosing an entire day in the process was hassle enough.