Herol 'Bomber' Graham

Sheffield History

HEROL 'BOMBER' GRAHAM

Coming soon..

May be none of my business but i thought Bomber was from Nottingham :o

But a very much valued adopted son.

Cracking site by the way, lots of work put in already and started up on my birthday....thanks

Tell you what - I know many many people who know Bomber and nobody has a single bad word to say about the lad..

One of Sheffield's nice guys

Guest sparky

Tell you what - I know many many people who know Bomber and nobody has a single bad word to say about the lad..

One of Sheffield's nice guys

Lovely Guy. Now a Personal Trainer at my Gym

Tell him Sheffieldhistory.co.uk says hi !!

See if he'll come on and share some memories !?

I once serviced his alarm system.

Turned up to this house one saturday morning and was faced by this bloke trying to be funny on the door step. I was in no mood for it and was very shirty with him.

In my head I was thinking...this bloke needs a slap then I went in one of the rooms and saw some photos of him and realized who he was.

He was a nice fella to be honest but winding me up on a morning aint clever.

Guest lesvegas

My nan nearly kicked his ass once

My grandads best mate was also Bombers best mate Eric Thorpe, a nice bloke who Bomber was with quite alot, i think they were related somehow.

Anyway bomber had a lucky escape that day, he was quick but not that quick :D

Guest seanylove

herol grahm is from nottingham but came to sheffield as a teenager after winning 2 national titles and was taken under the wing of great boxing coach brenden ingle. he was like poetry in motion what a fighter he was

Guest seanylove

He also had very little luck in and out of the ring apparently married badly, got divorced which cost him a lot of money then he was only 1 round away from winning a world title and got knocked out with seconds left on the clock also he was in an era before sky television took off and there wasnt as much money floating around as there is today in terms of talent he was much better than naseem hamed but naz was luckier and a better showman

My Media course students arranged to film him on his morning training run. They were devastated to find he started a 4.30am. They arrived back embarrassed as they had omitted to take any recording tape with them and had borrowed one off Herol. He warned them not to use the first 30 minutes of the tape as it contained the previous nights Corrie! A real Gent. lollol lol

May be none of my business but i thought Bomber was from Nottingham :o

But a very much valued adopted son.

Cracking site by the way, lots of work put in already and started up on my birthday....thanks

Of course it's your business s6lad, this site gives everyone equal space and the right to comment.

Welcome to the site and thanks for the info.

Laurence

Guest altyowl

He used to live near my Grandmother in Millhouses. I remember meeting him when I was a kid on my way to a Wednesday match. My dad said to me 'Do you know who this is?' and Herol came over to shake my hand saying 'Don't be scared' lol. He seemed a genuinley nice bloke.

A neighbour told me he once did a charity exhibition at the local pub (Forum Sandstone Road). He invited anyone to spar with him and try to hit him on the chin whilst he had his hands tied behind his back. I don`t think anyone managed to lay a glove on him though.

He used to come into limpsfield school in the late 80s with Johnny nelson and do skipping exhibitions etc.

We were all star struck because he was well known around sheffield back then.

I did some Boxercise classes he taught at Ponds Forge. It must be about 10 years ago? I'm not sure. He was great! He did all the exercises with us and was so fit he could laugh at us to make us work harder. I learned how to skip properly from him. When it came to the boxing part I really wanted to punch the pads hard, but had no energy left.

101522366_10158101651710240_890611543849304064_n.jpg

How cool is this - Herol Bomber Graham outside Sugg Sports in the 1980's

The young lad with him is none other than Sheffield's World boxing champion Clinton Woods!

Amazing piece of Sheffield sporting history  in one photo

Our thanks to Todd (Clinton's brother) for sharing this