Steel Project, Help Required

Guest retaylo

Guest retaylo

Hi everyone,

I am a final year graphic design student at Sheffield Hallam University. For my major project I intend to produce an animation which depicts peoples’ thoughts and experiences of the city’s Steel Industry. To do this I will need to record this information so that it can be used and possibly heard within my final piece. I am aware there are archived sources, but it would also be really valuable to get some primary research which is why I am posting on Sheffield History. On other threads it is clear there are many people on this forum who have some experience or knowledge of the steel industry.

If any of you have a background connected to the industry, know others who worked in the industry or did so yourself and would be willing to be interviewed and recorded on the matter it would be a huge help. I will arrange an interview date and time at your convenience. Providing you are willing to give consent I may wish to use your recording within my piece. If you feel you can help by giving an interview but do not wish to be heard in the final piece that would also be great. I would also be very pleased to receive any written personal stories or history you have to share if being interviewed is not convenient. Thanks for reading this and please do not hesitate to contact me about anything, any help however big or small with this project will be massively appreciated!

For any queries or if you have any information that may be helpful please reply on this thread, email me at roberttaylor208@gmail.com or call me on 07954583470.

Thanks,

Robert Taylor