Trefcon - Thought You Would Like To Know...

winter64

Hi Dean,

Thought you would like to know that the documents you sent me in connection with my Great Uncle Cyril Higginbottom, especially the maps of the Somme area, have caused great interest with the history teachers at my daughters school.

They went on a school trip last week to the Battlefields and took the maps with them. No1 daughter took a photo of the memorial where Cyrils name is shown at Ypres but it is very blurry so not fit to post unfortunately, No1 couldn't find a single grave for Cyril but history teacher showed her some wooded area nearby where he said a lot of the soldiers were all buried together. Don't know if this is correct or not and unfortunately No1 didn't get a photo of this either!

But I just wanted to say thank you for that information, and to let you know that all your hard work brought their school trip to life. The teachers have still got my maps and are taking them with them on their staff trip to battlefields later this month.

Karen

Guest Trefcon

Hello Karen,

glad the maps etc were of use and that daughter had a great time, wish i was with them !

Dean.

Make sure that you eventually get your maps back winter64

Teachers handle that many books and bits of paper stuff is always being misplaced and "lost".

Also, some teachers have a habit of hanging on to and hoarding items which they find to be useful teaching resources.

Hi Dave,

Dont you worry, I will get them back they are very precious, plus got No1 son parents evening soon so I can track the teachers down and arm wrestle them for my stuff back :)

Hi Dave,

Dont you worry, I will get them back they are very precious, plus got No1 son parents evening soon so I can track the teachers down and arm wrestle them for my stuff back :)

Thing is, most schools these days have excellent reprographics facilities for producing classroom resources and they can photocopy just about anything (legal copyrights permitting, which may be somewhat different for schools using material "for educational purposes" than it is for individuals) so they don't really need to keep your valuable originals at all, - they could make their own copy.