Star "retro" Book

dunsbyowl1867

Mine's ordered - personal message : "From Bignose, To Bignose" - should raise a smile with whoever print's 'em.

Thanks Dunsby.

Anyone interested this can be ordered now.

Mine's ordered - personal message : "From Bignose, To Bignose" - should raise a smile with whoever print's 'em.

Thanks Dunsby.

It's OK putting a personal message in your own personal copy of this book

But wouldn't it be great if we could put a general message in every single copy of the book that said something like, -

"If you have enjoyed this Star Retro book and would like more of this sort of thing then go to www.shefieldhistory.co.uk"

You never know, they may just let us do that, - but charge us an absolute fortune for the priveledge.

Or could we do a "reciprocal deal" where they put an advert for SheffieldHistory in their book and we put a banner ad for The Star on the forum with a link to The Star's website?

I get my copy free because I do "Where Thi Ells That" in the Retro

If you are doing "where thi ells that" (or, more correctly, "weer di ell's dat") for the Star Retro you could be making lots of useful contributions to our "mystery location" topic on here.

I don't know how these things work but you may be able to use some Retro "Where The Hell Is That" stuff in our "Mystery Location" and vice versa.

You know, we do a bit for Retro, they do a bit for us. ;-)

If you are doing "where thi ells that" (or, more correctly, "weer di ell's dat") for the Star Retro you could be making lots of useful contributions to our "mystery location" topic on here.

I don't know how these things work but you may be able to use some Retro "Where The Hell Is That" stuff in our "Mystery Location" and vice versa.

You know, we do a bit for Retro, they do a bit for us. ;-)

"Weer di ells dat" sounds like a Sheffielder from the West Indies lol I wouldnt know how to upload my stuff.

"Weer di ells dat" sounds like a Sheffielder from the West Indies lol I wouldnt know how to upload my stuff.

Neeaw, - its a reyt lad offert aarberthooern (Well, me really)

Upload it as a normal post and add the picture of the mystery location to your post using the add atachments option.

It will let you add .jpg .bmp .png and .gif files but the file size is causing some problems at present as to what will and wont upload so i would wait until we get that bit sorted

Neeaw, - its a reyt lad offert aarberthooern (Well, me really)

Upload it as a normal post and add the picture of the mystery location to your post using the add atachments option.

It will let you add .jpg .bmp .png and .gif files but the file size is causing some problems at present as to what will and wont upload so i would wait until we get that bit sorted

Im a Manor lad born and raised on Harborough Avenue and educated at St Theresas School

Im a Manor lad born and raised on Harborough Avenue and educated at St Theresas School

Not that far from me then tozzin, I know both these locations quite well.

Got a missed phone call on my mobile today saying your book is ready to collect - excellent news - it would cost more in petrol to do that than the book did for me - what about you Richard? :wub:

Got a missed phone call on my mobile today saying your book is ready to collect - excellent news - it would cost more in petrol to do that than the book did for me - what about you Richard? :wub:

Get them to post it to you.

The p&p charges will be less than your petrol cost.

Richard could always get Stuart to collect his, then scan it and email it to him a page at a time, working at a page a week.

An excellent idea ! But, mine is post-paid.

Get them to post it to you.

The p&p charges will be less than your petrol cost.

Richard could always get Stuart to collect his, then scan it and email it to him a page at a time, working at a page a week.

Thanks Dunsby.

Looks like they got your message wrong "Bignols"

Just bought a copy

£9.99 looks an excellent book to add to all the other books I seem to have.

Just paid £3 to get 2 posted!

I hope some of the History Members are going to the official launch of the Retro book in the Town Hall on Thursday the 24th between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. the Star is looking forward to Retro readers to attend with photos, memories and anecdotes. Ill be there.

Thanks Dunsby.

Im sorry to say but they got your dedication wrong it says " From BIGNOL to BIGNOL"

They can write what they like, or nothing at all, I just want the book ...

Im sorry to say but they got your dedication wrong it says " From BIGNOL to BIGNOL"

They can write what they like, or nothing at all, I just want the book ...

Thats great because when you tell people about your dedication you can tell them anything as to what Bignol means, its different and its a one off.

Just bought a copy

£9.99 looks an excellent book to add to all the other books I seem to have.

Thinking of buying one next weekend, noticed they have it in The Star shop on York Street so can nip in there while I am in town.

Nice one though Stuart, - £9.99

No one else has mentioned the actual price so thanks for that.

I hope some of the History Members are going to the official launch of the Retro book in the Town Hall on Thursday the 24th between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. the Star is looking forward to Retro readers to attend with photos, memories and anecdotes. Ill be there.

Difficult due to work.

Wouldn't an evening or a weekend launch have been better from bringing a crowd in?

Regarding the price I just read the dirty great bg red sticker on the original post.

Thinking of buying one next weekend, noticed they have it in The Star shop on York Street so can nip in there while I am in town.

Nice one though Stuart, - £9.99

No one else has mentioned the actual price so thanks for that.