Anyone Been In Here?

dunsbyowl1867

Never heard of it! Have we discussed this on here?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/founder_of_traditional_heritage_museum_says_site_could_close_for_good_1_3715420

Never been in the place.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QmXwDOo8HlU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know of it, though I've never managed to be in Sheffield when the place was open - interested to hear more though if anyone has visited.

Never heard of it! Have we discussed this on here?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/founder_of_traditional_heritage_museum_says_site_could_close_for_good_1_3715420

I was in it once. Would have been good if it had been able to open regularily. Content is great shops done with old window displays .

The University say it costs too much to fix up and in any case they were running out of volunteers to run it. Any chance of transferring the collection to another site?

Looks very interesting - I took my boys to the Castle Museum in York a couple of weeks ago - they loved those old shops & streets in there. Why not redirected some of that Lottery Funding that gets wasted on other things!!!! :wacko:

Guest Trefcon

I've been in it, brilliant place ! Even had a chat with John Widdowson, who has a mock up of the family shop in there. Also holds a CO-OP roll of honour.

This little place is one hundred times better than the 'new' Weston Park attempt at a museum !!!!!!!

I've been in it, brilliant place ! Even had a chat with John Widdowson, who has a mock up of the family shop in there. Also holds a CO-OP roll of honour.

This little place is one hundred times better than the 'new' Weston Park attempt at a museum !!!!!!!

If you mean the WWII roll of honour, my mom and dad were responsible for getting it in there. They found out that it was tucked away in a dusty cupboard at the Co-op (or something like that. I'm not sure of the exact story)

It has my uncles name on it.

my feelings are that it may be difficult to keep it open on same site if building is in so bad a state. Though it may be that the University is just looking for excuse to offload it. However as the collection belongs to the University too it would be difficult to even put the collection in another place if they are not willing. My thought was that the collection deserved a bigger building and better advertising.

From an American who loves Sheffield, I have been in this museum and think it is great! It would be a shame to see it close. There is so much to see and learn from it.