Help Preserve Cow Mouth Farm

duckweed

I started researching this farm because a couple of people asked me to find out about its history. I went to see it a few months ago and was struck by how much still existed despite the Coop having put dirty great metal barns at one point. Anyway my present research is in another thread.

Several people have tried to get the farm listed but it has been rejected by English Heritage on the basis that it is "Tudorbethan". No one is sure what this means and many are seeking clarity. The farm has been on the site for over 400 years and yet EH does not feel it has merit.

Go and see it, buy something at the shop or go to the little cafe and see why this building is important both for the present inhabitants, (who don't know if either the buildings will fall down on them or they be evicted and it developed into a housing development,) and the fact that it was the last Norton dairy farm that had survived over 4 centuries. These buildings should be conserved and the people with learning difficulties who make such quality things in their workshops given permanent tenanncy so that way 2 good causes are helped.