Sheffield Soldier -- New Sheffield Website !

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

Hello,

I'm very pleased to announce that after 11 years of collating heaps of stuff re Sheffield's involvement in the Great War that, at last, it will all appear on a new website.

The brains behind the technology though belong to our very own Stuart Reeves (Stuart0742). A public thank you to you Stuart for your interest and efforts in constructing the site.

The site is very, very much a work in progress, just the naval and airmen are being uploaded first.

We are particulary interested in recording the men and women who served and survived the war, so if you have any information or images we would love to include these on our site.

Regards

Dean.

Hello,

very pleased to announce that after 11 years of collating heaps of stuff re Sheffield's invovlment in the Great War that at last it will all appear on a new website.

http://www.sheffieldsoldierww1.co.uk/

The brains behind the technology though belong to our very own Stuart Reeves (Stuart0742). A public thank you to you Stuart for your interest and efforts in constructing the site.

The site is very, very much a work in progress, just the naval and airmen are being uploaded first.

We are particulary interested in recording the men and women who served and survived the war, so if you have any information or images we would love to include these on our site.

regards

Dean.

As Dean has said, this is very much work in progress, currently we have, just under 900 Navy & Airforce men listed, Further details are being added to these men all the time,

Hello,

very pleased to announce that after 11 years of collating heaps of stuff re Sheffield's invovlment in the Great War that at last it will all appear on a new website.

http://www.sheffieldsoldierww1.co.uk/

regards

Dean.

Congratulations and well deserved. I'm sure you will get plenty of interested parties viewing this new site. Good Luck.

Brilliant !

(I think I'm the first on your guestbook page.)

Yes Vox, I can confirm you are the 1st, sorry no prizes

Guest Trefcon

I'd also like to say that if anybody wants to write a short piece about their relative that served or died, we would like to host it and add it to their profile on the site.

Dean.

All Best Wishes Mush - here's wishing you every success.

The topic has a true champion in you pal.

Had a look at the new site.

Stuart had forwarned me about it's imminent release on the net as he has been working on it with Trefcon for some time.

Although it is at present incomplete, and I suppose given its content there is no way of knowing if it will ever cover all the men who served in WW1, it is already looking really good.

Unlike vox I didn't have a look at or sign the guest book, instead I may take Trefcon up on his offer in his previous post.

So its CONGRATULATIONS to Dean and Stuart on this excellent new site which I am sure will become very popular as it progresses and will stand as a lasting tribute to those Sheffield Men who served their country in the Great War.

I hope there will be plenty of links between Sheffield History and the new site to guide visitors in either direction betwen the two.

Hi Dean

You said you were launching it great ! just had a gander?.

And thanks for the mention I realy enjoyed the trips, and you know your Stuff.

I only hope that we shall here soon on the 15

Great stuff Dean

Wishing you the very best with the site

"Larrett"

(Frank)

How do Frank !

cheers for that, much appreciated.

Will be in touch,

Dean.

The site is progressing well,

We have just started a new section, "Your Soldier" where you can submit details to commemorate and remember your relative.

New Submission Form

I have changed the Guest Book page, and the entries made by members of this site seem to have gone, Sorry Vox and Richard

I have changed the Guest Book page, and the entries made by members of this site seem to have gone, Sorry Vox and Richard

I'll survive the loss and I'm sure Vox will do likewise - best of luck with the development of the new site - I'm sure it will be magnificent.