Skinnerthorpe Road

vox

I don't know how long this has been going on but I got some photos before it completely disappears.

Wish I'd known earlier so I could have taken some with a proper camera and before it was nearly all pulled down.

I'm guessing at there being an Owler Lane by-pass on the cards. About time really I suppose. (unless someone knows different.)

Hi Vox - I've been meaning to do that ! There are a couple of threads around on this and some old photos in this one

Firvale 1

I think somewhere there wa a grand "Firvale Regeneration" plan but that has probably gone the way of all flesh now. They were going to knock down the Firvale Shops but they are staying now ( Not that they couldn't do with it).

I heard someone had set fire to one of the remaining houses of Skinnerthorpe the other night!

And some "befores' on this one

Firvale 2

and also you will note our very own Bayleaf was born "on Skinnerthorpe" so he'll be pleased to see your photos.

P

The regeneration "Masterplan!"

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/planning-and-city-development/planning-documents/background-reports/burngreave-and-fir-vale-masterplan

And some "befores' on this one

Firvale 2

and also you will note our very own Bayleaf was born "on Skinnerthorpe" so he'll be pleased to see your photos.

P

It took me a while to get my bearings, so little's left. But the mound in the centre bottom pic I'm sure was my grandparents house where I was born. The blue English Heritage plaque seems to be missing though?

Thanks for posting the pics vox, much appreciated.

My grandma( and granddad)lived at no.98....where she had 9 children who survived into adulthood and an unknown number of children who died in infancy!

My grandma( and granddad)lived at no.98....where she had 9 children who survived into adulthood and an unknown number of children who died in infancy!

The Daltons lived at 98 in 1911.

At that time there were 3 Children Living and Sadly 3 Passed on.