Royal Oak

Guest iris

hi as anyone any info ,or can tell me how i find out who run the pub in around 1890 -1922, im doing my family tree my father in law father use to run it ,im trying to find out about him and the family ,arthur brookfield was the landlord of hollis croft old pubs a plaque still there on the wall of the footprint a tool making workshop , i know my father in law had 3 son george -lawrence ,stepson albert watkins arthur married albert mother when his wife died i dont know who she was ,any info would be welcome this is my first time on here so i dont know if im getting things right if not someone please tell me iris brookfield

hi it me again the pub im looking for photo,s of was Nottingham arms it was where the footprint factory is now there was a board at the front saying who the landlord was .the pub was bomb in the war what war i dont know im to young ?my aunt told me this info she 70-80 years ,my father in laws father had it i dont know when, his name was arthur brookfield any info would be great

Ancestry.co.uk will let you search the 1881 census for free, you might just turn up a parent, or young child that went on to become Landlord ...

Guest iris

hi as anyone any info ,or can tell me how i find out who run the pub in around 1890 -1922, im doing my family tree my father in law father use to run it ,im trying to find out about him and the family ,arthur brookfield was the landlord of hollis croft old pubs a plaque still there on the wall of the footprint a tool making workshop , i know my father in law had 3 son george -lawrence ,stepson albert watkins arthur married albert mother when his wife died i dont know who she was ,any info would be welcome this is my first time on here so i dont know if im getting thigs right if not someone please tell me iris brookfield

hi it not the hollis croft ,it the royal oak ,11 hollis croft city centre sheffield it was pulled down about 1936?anyone any info or photos iris

hi it not the hollis croft ,it the royal oak ,11 hollis croft city centre sheffield it was pulled down about 1936?anyone any info or photos iris

1891-11 Hollis Croft -Royal Oak

James Newbould 34 Derbyshire Whittington

Annie 34 Sheffield

Beatrice 4 Sheffield

Further details regarding The Royal Oak and its people :

First Last Occupation Address Directory Year

Joseph STEER Vict. Royal Oak Hollis Croft Baine's 1822

Yates ST. JOHN Taverns & Public Houses (Royal Oak) Hollis Croft Pigot's 1828

Peter SLACK vict. Royal Oak 2 Hollis Croft White's 1833

Peter SLACK Vict. Royal Oak Hollis Croft Pigot's 1841

James NEWBOULD Vict. Royal Oak PH 11 Hollis Croft Kelly's 1893

Thomas WELTON Vict. Royal Oak 11 Hollis Croft White's 1911