Jericho region

RichardB

Anyone able to pin down the meaning of the "Jericho" area ? Biblical, yes, but does the term have a meaning ?

Guest sajrp

Anyone able to pin down the meaning of the "Jericho" area ? Biblical, yes, but does the term have a meaning ?

I'm in the process of researching my family tree (see The Mooneys - Sheffield Gang Wars posted 12/04/2007) and in the process have come across an area that Bridget Mooney was married in called the 'Ecclesiastical Parish of Jericho' I've since found out this was the parish around allen street / scotland street around the early 1900's, hope this helps??

I'm in the process of researching my family tree (see The Mooneys - Sheffield Gang Wars posted 12/04/2007) and in the process have come across an area that Bridget Mooney was married in called the 'Ecclesiastical Parish of Jericho' I've since found out this was the parish around allen street / scotland street around the early 1900's, hope this helps??

Any posting is a help ! There is, however, a specific meaning to "Jericho" .... apparently. Welcome to the site and keep posting, ask lots of questions, disturb the neighbours :rolleyes: