West Yorkshire Geological And Polytechnic Society

Guest JSP

For ages I have wanted a copy of the transactions of the West Yorkshire Geological and Polytechnic Society (1855). A family friend rang me today to say he had been clearing his house and had a couple of books for me! Well... I left his house after 2 hours with 4 crates and 2 boxes of interesting books and objects. He had been clearing out his loft of his father belongings, who turned out to be a famous Yorkshire Archeologist. He gave me loads of amasing books and when I got home I noticed an original copy of the transactions of the West Yorkshire Geological and Polytechnic Society from 1852- 1865. You can imagine my excitement. It just shows how not everything costs money these days.

Also, many of the books are Yorkshire history books which have short chapters about sheffield. Should I scan these for the benefit of Sheffield History?

Thanks,

JP

Also, many of the books are Yorkshire history books which have short chapters about sheffield. Should I scan these for the benefit of Sheffield History?

Go on then that would be fantastic!

Thanks,

JP

You betcha, get scanning

and Thank you.