Wednesday

nevthelodgemoorowl

We got the Satchi & Satchi style crest to go with the Save Our Owls campaign of the 75/76 period. We got our Owl Owlerton Insignia with the latin phrase "Consilo et Animis" as we moved to Hillsborough. But what did we have before that ? The Wednesday CC were formed arguably in 1816 but certainly by 1820; The football section was formed 1867 and we did not move to Hillsborough until 32 years later. We must have had a badge during that 79 year period.

Any help anyone ?

We got the Satchi & Satchi style crest to go with the Save Our Owls campaign of the 75/76 period. We got our Owl Owlerton Insignia with the latin phrase "Consilo et Animis" as we moved to Hillsborough. But what did we have before that ? The Wednesday CC were formed arguably in 1816 but certainly by 1820; The football section was formed 1867 and we did not move to Hillsborough until 32 years later. We must have had a badge during that 79 year period.

Any help anyone ?

That should help Nev -

White Rose in 1890 FA Cup Final & City Coat of Arms 1935 - & which is your favourite kit?

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

Any help anyone ?

This should be of a little help Nev -

White Rose in 1890 FA Cup Final & City Coat of Arms 1935 - & which is your favourite kit? I like the 1930s and 1950s with hooped socks.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

Wow I started going in 1956 and had known nothing other than the "consilio et animis" badge. I certainly don't like the previous Corporation transport badge that went before though could have comfortably lived with the White Rose.

Thanks for that though, just one more thing was the latin motto introduced with the badge ?

That should help Nev -

White Rose in 1890 FA Cup Final & City Coat of Arms 1935 - & which is your favourite kit?

http://www.historica...d_Wednesday.htm

My favourite has to be shared with you Dunsby, Iwas particularly ond of the bright red numbers along with the hooped socks. Not long now before the 150th Aniversary of the football club, I'd really like to see us revert back to a 19th century kit to mark the anniversary, my fav would be the Royal & White halves with whit shorts and hooped socks.

Just one other thing, when dad first started taking me, 1956 but 57 full time. The Programme always used to say in describing colours of the two teams...........

Sheffied Wednesday will play in Royal Blue & White stripes and Black knickers.......Tickled me no end as a 7 year old.