Tapton Grange

Bayleaf

This is one of those mansions between Broomhill and Crosspool, on Tapton Crescent Road. Any information as to who it was built for, former residents or any other information would be much appreciated

This is one of those mansions between Broomhill and Crosspool, on Tapton Crescent Road. Any information as to who it was built for, former residents or any other information would be much appreciated

Hi Bayleaf

The first cutting is a letter from The Sheffield & Rotherham Independent (Sheffield, England), Tuesday, February 21, 1893;

The second cutting is from The Sheffield & Rotherham Independent (Sheffield, England), Saturday, October 20, 1900. This may be the same James William Harrison who lived at Tapton Grange

• Like 1

There was a Tapton Grange on Tapton Park Road ?

picturesheffield

picturesheffield02

As written;

Bright Maurice-de-Lara, iron & steel mcht.,

83 Fargt; h Tapton Grange,

White's 1857

WILKINSON, J B, Tapton Grange, Sheffield.

Rugby School Register: From May 1874 to May 1904

A bit hard on the eyes, but J B Wilkinson crops up again ..

Directory of gold and silversmiths, jewellers, and allied traders, 1838-1914

Tapton Grange on Tapton Park Road

OS maps #206 & 210

Do you mean "The Grange" ?

There is a "The Grange" on Tapton Crescent Road, but as stated, Tapton Grange is on Tapton Park Rd.

We were once on the verge of buying one of the flats in the old building at The Grange. We thought better of it when we realised how much it would cost to keep the gigantic rooms warm.

I think that since then they've built a large extension of new flats at the rear.

Do you mean "The Grange" ?

There is a "The Grange" on Tapton Crescent Road, but as stated, Tapton Grange is on Tapton Park Rd.

We were once on the verge of buying one of the flats in the old building at The Grange. We thought better of it when we realised how much it would cost to keep the gigantic rooms warm.

I think that since then they've built a large extension of new flats at the rear.

Thanks Vox you're right. I assumed that a house called the Grange on Tapton Crescent rd would be Tapton Grange. The house I meant is indeed the Grange. My interest is in fact because my son has just moved into one of the new build flats in the grounds, and I wondered about the old house.

Apologies to everyone.

(Just to add to the confusion it's called Hallam Lodge on the maps!)

Tapton Crescent Road.

92 Johnson Percy (Hallam house)

94 Watson Mrs Amy (Southwold)

96 Wood Benjamin George j p

Metcalfe Wm private gardener.

98 Neal Arthur, solr (Ryegate)

Manchester road

Kelly's 1925

OS map #207

(Just to add to the confusion it's called Hallam Lodge on the maps!)

Tapton Crescent Road.

96 Gallimore Hy. electro plate mfr

96 Wood Charles, coachman

Gallimore Henry (William & Sons); h. Hallam lodge

All above 1901.

Gallimore William & Sons Ltd,

nickel silver spoon & fiork blanks & sheets, nickel silver, bronze,

brass & copper wire manufacturers &c

15 - 31 Arunndel Street TA ' Gallimore, Sheffield,"

Kelly's 1925