Brown And Red Striped Building On Malinda Street

Ratter

Hello ... Can anybody remember what the Workshop type building in Malinda Street used to be ... it is painted in a Brown and Red stripes which would appear to be some sort of colour scheme. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello ... Can anybody remember what the Workshop type building in Malinda Street used to be ... it is painted in a Brown and Red stripes which would appear to be some sort of colour scheme. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello and welcome Ratter.

I can tell you that a one time friend of mine used to have it (or at least the part of it nearest in the picture) as a posh car showroom. I did some work in there, probably 80's or early 90's, when it first opened. The floor of the indoor showroom was carpeted which, at that time, was very posh indeed. The entrance has been bricked up now but there was a ramp up to the sales area.

We were friends in the 60's. His name was Harvey Renshaw Smith, son of HR Smith Plant Hire which was quite a big concern in the 60's and before.

His family had a large house somewhere around the Fullwood area. I went there a few times in the 60's.

It was the first house I'd ever been in that had more than one toilet. Also the first bidet I'd ever seen. Harvey (Jnr) had to tell me what it was for.he he

Google Streetview

Also the first bidet I'd ever seen. Harvey (Jnr) had to tell me what it was for.he he

Washing yer buns, I thought that was bakery stuff ...

Keep it clean etc etc

Hello and welcome Ratter.

I can tell you that a one time friend of mine used to have it (or at least the part of it nearest in the picture) as a posh car showroom. I did some work in there, probably 80's or early 90's, when it first opened. The floor of the indoor showroom was carpeted which, at that time, was very posh indeed. The entrance has been bricked up now but there was a ramp up to the sales area.

We were friends in the 60's. His name was Harvey Renshaw Smith, son of HR Smith Plant Hire which was quite a big concern in the 60's and before.

His family had a large house somewhere around the Fullwood area. I went there a few times in the 60's.

It was the first house I'd ever been in that had more than one toilet. Also the first bidet I'd ever seen. Harvey (Jnr) had to tell me what it was for.he he

Google Streetview

Thanks for this ... certainly the right building ... was it Dial Motors ?