It happened on this day - 6 December

dunsbyowl1867

December 6

6 December 1816

Sir John Brown, indusrialist, born Flavel's Yard Sheffield. Founed John Brown & Co in 1846. In 1856 consolidated his efforts at the Atlas works. He was Lord Mayor in 1861 & 1862 and Master Cutler 1865 & 1866. He was knighted in 1867. Built Endcliffe Hall as his home.

6 December 1932

Sheffield Repertory Company, in financial difficulties, are in receipt of an anonymous donation of £650.

6 December 1937

Ritz Cinema opened at Parson Cross

6 December 1938

New headmaster ar King Edward VII School - Dr Arthur Barton formerly Head of Physics at Repton.

HI D/OWL I don't know if it's on record , but l think it should be somewhere, but l believe Sir John Brown built and donated my old School and Church at Pitsmoor in the late 19th cen; namely ALL SAINTS C of E Sutherland Rd and l have mentioned on this forum before, the shame of such a beautiful CHURCH being demolished, supposedly to restore Petre St Chapel, but this was never done to my knowledge, l think someone at the Town Hall, chatting to a colleage on the corridors, [a very common practice] both dropped their [proverbial] bits of papers and got them mixed up, and the wrong building was demolished, for having in my earlier years worked on both buildings, l was aware of the condition of each. Skeets.