What represents 'sheffield past' to you ?

Sheffield History

What is it that represents Sheffield's past to you ?

If you could choose only one spcific area, building or thing you bought maybe, what would it be that sums up Sheffields past or your past in Sheffield ??

Something you could take people back in time to show them that would represent what Sheffield's past means to you.

Mine would be Roxy's nightclub. I'd take the person back in time to there and show them Sheffield folk drinking, dancing and feytin

I think it would be a good illustration of the time (1989) and the people in Sheffield

What is it that represents Sheffield's past to you ?

If you could choose only one spcific area, building or thing you bought maybe, what would it be that sums up Sheffields past or your past in Sheffield ??

Something you could take people back in time to show them that would represent what Sheffield's past means to you.

Mine would be Roxy's nightclub. I'd take the person back in time to there and show them Sheffield folk drinking, dancing and feytin

I think it would be a good illustration of the time (1989) and the people in Sheffield

1989 huh ?

1794 Civil unrest in Sheffield (not long after Bastille Day), Old Niddlety Nod and his burning stacks. (One for the link fairies and a pugilistic Vicar for the newer Members to enjoy).

I think what sums it up most to me is in the early 1960s. The shops up town were always busy walking past Boots on High street you used to get pulled along with the flow and it was a struggle to actually get into the shop . The young women and teenagers used to wear head scarfs over their rollers on a Saturday afternoon shopping spree all ready for the night out at Baileys night club. The Market was a proper Market with lots of bargains I used to buy a pair of shoes once a month from Nat Elston's. Then buy some material from one of the many material stalls to make my self an outfit for work . Sorry this is perhaps not just one thing..........Then again Saturdays up town were very special( not so now! ):(

In the 70s I remember the steel hammers could be heard going on all night. You had to learn how to shut it out.

It's just me with the 200+ year flashbacks then ? lol