Another disgrace!

dunsbyowl1867

I remember watching a history video I think called "Sheffield" presented by a bloke called Fairfax? In it he visits the memorial to the Blitz victims of 1940. As he points out in the video the memorial garden was poorly maintained and crumbling away. This must have been 15 years ago. From this photograph on picture Sheffield it doesn't look as though it has improved?

Does it still look this dilapidated? If so I'd suggest an insult to the blitz victims memory (especially the 134 buried in a communal grave in the cemetry) and perhaps the Councillors could donate a few expense claims towards it renovation?

Maybe this has been put right recently ? I doubt it

Guest Trefcon

Dunsby, it was like that a couple of months ago, beer tins and vodka bottles, and a throw away bbq littering the garden!!

Plus the damage to the walls etc.

Dean.

Dunsby, it was like that a couple of months ago, beer tins and vodka bottles, and a throw away bbq littering the garden!!

Plus the damage to the walls etc.

Dean.

Although it's our local cemetry I have not been in there for about 5 years. looked at the war memorial then (up at the top of the hill edge nearest to the lane into deep pits and the Travellers Rest boozer) and it was not a disgrace at that time, in fact it looked very much like those Picture Sheffield images in the links.