Bantams of Sheffield

RichardB

I have no idea what this is, Oxfam selling, starting price £80.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a Hardback copy of "The Bantams of Sheffield" by Guy Balguy printed by Leadenhall Press. 1891.

It has a contemporary green cloth cover lettered in black. This is in dirty but in fair-good condition but for a couple of threadbare areas to three of the corners and a heavily worn (both card and fabric) bottom front right corner (see main pic). there are some paler areas of what look like fingermarks to the spine and a splash mark to the back cover (see pics).

There are no pages missing or loose.

Some light browning to the edges of all pages.

There are a few pages of the "Leadenhall book price list" at the back of the book with some small tears and missing areas (see pic marked "A") There a few other imperfections to the odd page but are a lot smaller and impact a lot less on the overall condition of the book.

There is no reserve and bidding starts at £80.00. Good luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-BANTAMS-OF-SHEFF...%3A1|240%3A1318

End time: 15-Mar-09 20:00:00 GMT (7 days 22 hours)

Postage: £4.00

Can anyone tell me more, or indeed anything about this please ?

A google search gives this via one of the links:

THE BANTAMS OF SHEFFIELD, a Novel. By GUY

BALGUY, author of "The Maids of Dulverton," 6-c. LONDON: The

Leadenhall Press, Ltd : 50, Leadenhall-street, E.C. [Half-a-Crown.

Found one ...

1891. Hardback. Contemporary gey-green cloth lettered in black. Catalogue at rear to page 14 (is a leaf missing?). Fairly clean tight text is slightly browned at edges. Clean covers look faded perhaps due to old damp (but no other signs of such). G++/No DW.

@ £159.09

Found one ...

1891. Hardback. Contemporary gey-green cloth lettered in black. Catalogue at rear to page 14 (is a leaf missing?). Fairly clean tight text is slightly browned at edges. Clean covers look faded perhaps due to old damp (but no other signs of such). G++/No DW.

@ ?159.09

Cheers RichardS and SteveHB, I'd searched for, and found both of those but nothing else.

So, the one Steve found is indeed £159.09 - which strikes me as an awful lot of money - one only have a one word description of this item - from the one RichardS posted - "Novel"