Pheasant Sheffield Lane Top

dunsbyowl1867

Nice one; my Grandmother Flo's second husband Joseph Bull and Flo herself used to drink there; the funeral passed, stopped while the locals paid their respects. Flo was previously Barkby and maiden name Shaw.

Nice one; my Grandmother Flo's second husband Joseph Bull and Flo herself used to drink there; the funeral passed, stopped while the locals paid their respects. Flo was previously Barkby and maiden name Shaw.

Perhaps they drank with Royalty then - I was reading that Edward VII used to stay there when he visited the nationally famous stud/stables which was at Sheffield Lane Top!

Perhaps they drank with Royalty then - I was reading that Edward VII used to stay there when he visited the nationally famous stud/stables which was at Sheffield Lane Top!

I had a pint or two in there as well from time to time. Can't remember much about it though except the beer was ok !.

John

Much altered from the original which had a central carriage entrance. The inn is on the corner of an ancient crossroads but it probably dates from around 1785/9 when the road to Barnsley and Wakefield were turnpiked.

Kept a good pint of 'Magnet' in the 1970s.

Much altered from the original which had a central carriage entrance. The inn is on the corner of an ancient crossroads but it probably dates from around 1785/9 when the road to Barnsley and Wakefield were turnpiked.

Kept a good pint of 'Magnet' in the 1970s.

November 2008!