Ian Knowles --is he still around?

Guest Old Canny Street Kid

Anyone remember a guy called Ian Knowles, who worked in the Redfyre Sales department at Newton Chambers, Thorncliffe, around 1960-62. He was a correspondence clerk in his early days, but I believe that he later moved up to become a representative for the firm. He had a very slick red sports car in his time in Redfyre Sales. He worked alongside people like Jack Booth, Bill Gardner, Rowland Wilson and Donald Bird.

Anyone remember a guy called Ian Knowles, who worked in the Redfyre Sales department at Newton Chambers, Thorncliffe, around 1960-62. He was a correspondence clerk in his early days, but I believe that he later moved up to become a representative for the firm. He had a very slick red sports car in his time in Redfyre Sales. He worked alongside people like Jack Booth, Bill Gardner, Rowland Wilson and Donald Bird.

In case it helps, here is a picture of the Redfyre Sales team sometime in 1962, with Ian Knowles second from left on the back row. His pix is enlarged alongside the title.

Any old Redyre people recognise themselves?

In case it helps, here is a picture of the Redfyre Sales team sometime in 1962, with Ian Knowles second from left on the back row. His pix is enlarged alongside the title.

Any old Redyre people recognise themselves?

One of the lads on the Redfyre group picture is Jim Moorhouse. I was told that he was now living at Hunter's Row, Boroughbridge, in North Yorkshire, but have been unable to confirm this or prompt any response. He came from the Hoyland Common area, and when he first arrived at Thorncliffe, around 1960, he worked alongside a veteran engineer called Harry Mellor.

Thanks tsavo. It seems the Boroughbridge address may be wrong, for York looks to be the place. I will check it out forthwith!

Alas, still no joy on Ian Knowles. I think he must have emigrated!

No people but an old Redfyre Advert

Thanks tsavo. It seems the Boroughbridge address may be wrong, for York looks to be the place. I will check it out forthwith!

Alas, still no joy on Ian Knowles. I think he must have emigrated!

Even people who emigrate still exist somewhere! :rolleyes:

Even people who emigrate still exist somewhere! :rolleyes:

That's true, but if you don't know where, you can't even begin to search. You've got to hope they see a note on here, or on Facebook or something. Ian Knowles, sadly, being of an older generation now, might not be the sort of guy who looks on things like Sheffield History --unless his grandkids point him in the right direction!