Flood

RichardB

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THE-GREAT-SHEFFIELD-...id=p3286.c0.m14

THE GREAT SHEFFIELD FLOOD IT'S HISTORY RE-TOLD.

A COMPLETE HISTORY OF THE GREAT FLOOD AT SHEFFIELD ON MARCH 11 & 12 1864.

THIS IS A REPRINT OF THE ORIGINAL EDITION, WITH ORIGINAL WOOD ENGRAVINGS

THIS IS THE ONE SHILLING VOLUME.

A TRUE AND ORIGINAL NARRATIVE COMPRISING NUMEROUS FACTS INCIDENTS AND STATISTICS NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED.

INCLUDING THE OFFICIAL LISTS OF THE DEAD AND MISSING.

OFFICIAL RETURNS SHOWING THE NUMBER OF BUILDINGS AND HOUSES INJURED IN EACH LOCALITY:

A FULL REPORT OF THE INQUEST:

MEASURES OF RELIEF,

THE WATER COMPANY AND ITS LIABILITY ETC

ILLUSTRATED WITH TWENTY VIEWS OF THE PRINCIPAL SCENES DESCRIBED, TAKEN FROM PHOTOGRAPHS

Five hundred quid?! Please someone tell me the decimal point's in the wrong place! Or should I put my copy on deposit at the bank? :o

I used to have a Derby Gazette dated friday March 25 1864 with the Sheffield Flood story on the front page, I'd picked it up at an antique fair,

got a mention in the Star at the time.

I love the way they have highlighted the ****NO RESERVE**** as if it is a bargain, and then put the starting price on at £500.00. Genius.. lol

I love the way they have highlighted the ****NO RESERVE**** as if it is a bargain, and then put the starting price on at £500.00. Genius.. lol

Better and better - It didn't sell (what a surprise!) so they've now relisted it at £499! And better still, if you follow the link in the original post, eBay says the sale has finished, but lists another copy at 99p!