City Snapper

Sheffield History

CITY SNAPPER

The time, effort, energy and commitment that goes into the City Snapper website is just incredible

It seems like this chap is out and about every single day capturing our city with his cameras building up a huge archive of pictures that will be more and more amazing as years go by.

A true hero of ours

http://citysnapper.org/dm/index.htm

I agree I think what this guy is doing is incredible.

I just looked at some of his most recent snaps and saw that he had taken one of the 'plughole' at Ladybower.

http://citysnapper.org/dm/2007/03/20070314a8ladybower.jpg

Even looking at pictures of that thing gives me the shivers. I have been there when it has been in full spate and for some reason it scares me senseless - with thoughts of being sucked down into it's depths. Why I would be swimming close to it in the first place doesnt occur to my subconsious!

WOW !!!!

I've never seen that before and never knew it existed !!!

Where does it go ?

WOW !!!!

I've never seen that before and never knew it existed !!!

Where does it go ?

You know Admin, I have never been down the bl**y thing to find out - let me know when you decide to pop down with your snorkel gear and I will come along!!

Good morning all!! just a question why wont it let me open the above photo?especially as everyone is making it sound amazing ???

Guest tsavo

This was the problem Phil06 was having. Suggested all the obvious things like logging off etc.

hello,the picture link isnt working still it keeps telling me i need to be logged in even thought i am cos it says at side of my name logout as my only option?

Good morning all!! just a question why wont it let me open the above photo?especially as everyone is making it sound amazing ???

You tried clearing out the cookies etc?

I notice the file is a gif rather than jpg could this be the cause? I am also told I need to be logged in to download the file :(

I notice the file is a gif rather than jpg could this be the cause? I am also told I need to be logged in to download the file :(

Must be summat your end - the url link definatly points to a jpg file - just checked it again and that is what comes up

Be quicker if you went to city snappers web site and had a look there

which pic are you looking at? - I just noticed he one in Admins post is a gif file - but the one in my post is jpg

Guest Falls

I agree I think what this guy is doing is incredible.

I just looked at some of his most recent snaps and saw that he had taken one of the 'plughole' at Ladybower.

http://citysnapper.org/dm/2007/03/20070314a8ladybower.jpg

Even looking at pictures of that thing gives me the shivers. I have been there when it has been in full spate and for some reason it scares me senseless - with thoughts of being sucked down into it's depths. Why I would be swimming close to it in the first place doesnt occur to my subconsious!

This looks like one of the spillway crests but its so long since I went to Ladybower, I can't remember. Excess water flows down these and comes out in the channel behind the dam. There used to be at least two spillways on the upstream side of the dam. One close to road and the other at the far side.

In Canada and the US, this type of spillway is sometimes called "Morning Glory".

Regards