Fulwood Cottage Homes

Guest davyg

Hi

Could anyone tell me the address of what was Fulwood Cottage Homes ?

I have an elderly relative who was in the home and wants me to take her to see the area..and the church at Fulwood.

Thankyou

Dave

Fulwood Cottage Homes are now called 'Moorside'. They are off Blackbrook Road just north of Harrison Lane.

Have you come across Marjorie Dunn's book For the Love of Children about the homes? It is out of print but you may find a second hand copy or there are copies in the Local Studies Library in Surrey Street.

Hugh

There are a few pics of the homes at picture sheffield inc this one

The Church has been extended a couple of times in 'recent' years and the school is now part of the church hall so your relative will find it very different. The Church Office may be able to assist with a suitable time to have a look around, their tel is 0114 230 1911

Thankyou all for your replies .

We made our visit .starting at the site of FCH..We found the school that my Gt Aunt attended .It was Moorfield School in David lane .then onto Christhurch Fulwood....It all went well and we enjoyed the day and Annie recalled many memories..

Dave

Thankyou all for your replies .

We made our visit .starting at the site of FCH..We found the school that my Gt Aunt attended .It was Moorfield School in David lane .then onto Christhurch Fulwood....It all went well and we enjoyed the day and Annie recalled many memories..

Dave

Glad you had a good day Dave. Did you go into the school? It's an environmental study centre now, and the warden is usually happy to meet anyone from the old days.

Bayleaf