THE LANSDOWNE HOTEL

Sheffield History

THE LANSDOWNE HOTEL

2 Lansdowne Road

INFORMATION

The Lansdowne Hotel stood at the end of London Road at the junction with Lansdowne Road, opposite the Locarno/Lansdowne Cinema and was a very busy pub.

When the junction was altered and the Lansdowne was demolished to make room for a new traffic lights system and a central reservation that you can see today.

PICTURES

Guest billyblade

I remember going in here before a School disco at "The locarno"in about 1986.I was very small when I was at school so consequently could not get served although everybody else did.As I settled down with my Britvic and Lemonade the pub got raided and all the underage drinkers got carted off!!!!! I just sat there sipping away!!!!!!

Guest wobblybob

I was sat in the Lansdowne Hotel with some mates after we had finished work in the early evening. A couple of policemen and someone in a suit came in and said they wanted everyone out. My mate said we hadn't done anything but the man in the suit said take your drinks with you as they were shutting the pub as it was falling down. Needless to say we did a retreat with our drinks and the pub was boarded up. It was demolished within a few days. Shame really we used to enjoy the atmosphere in there and the ale was always good.