The Roman Ridge Pub Wincobank

Guest craig3636

Guest craig3636

was having a conversation with a friend tonight and we cant remember when the ridge closed.

also can anybody remember when it was demolished?

googled it and can't find a thing. :huh:

As an old fossil and a person with some knowledge of Pubs of Sheffield, I'm afraid I can't initially help ...

Where was this place ? an address please ... What year might we be looking at, I'm quite "the man" for old Sheffield pubs, but you've lost me with this one .... could be out of my distance range, could be out of my date range ... please let me know, I'll do my best ... God forbid it opened in 1972 and closed in 1998, please make it Victorian at least ....

As an old fossil and a person with some knowledge of Pubs of Sheffield, I'm afraid I can't initially help ...

Where was this place ? an address please ... What year might we be looking at, I'm quite "the man" for old Sheffield pubs, but you've lost me with this one .... could be out of my distance range, could be out of my date range ... please let me know, I'll do my best ... God forbid it opened in 1972 and closed in 1998, please make it Victorian at least ....

Was on the flower estate just round the corner from Shiregreen and Concord middle schools. Was it in Foxglove Or Primrose or Wincobank lane? It was fairly modern. I used to walk past it every schoolday - it had a fine pub sign - a painting of a Roman soldier. I think the ridge referred to runs from Wincobank hill to Templeborogh.

Guest codeyes

For starters.......

I remember that it was in the Wincobank area. Most I can find so far is that it was on the Flower estate and it was destroyed by fire.....still looking for the year though

Guest craig3636

hi there, the pub was on wincobank ave between bracken rd and wincobank close.

the land is still derelict and i think it was about mid to late 90's when it shut.

hope that helps chaps'

:rolleyes:

... cant remember when the ridge closed ...

Not a place I've even heard of ! Any more details please ? dates, address, pictures, a reason I've never come across it other that age and stupidity ?