The Yorkshire Ripper

Guest The General

I can remember it well, I was at King Edwards School at the time and the Geology lab was next to Melbourne Avenue -I rememebr the Geology teacher checking all the hammers were present and correct lol The girls High School was (is) on the other side of the road and I think they were in more of a panic at the time - I suspect it was the first they knew what the road was used for out of hours :o

i heard a rumour that he was going to released soon, i hope not but can anyone shed any light on this

How can they release this mad man and not Ronald Biggs in his last days? Murderers seem to get less time than other

criminals today. The law's an ass, the legal system's all wrong and most of our judges are of unsound mind. :o

I think what has been said is, in the opinion of his doctor at Broadmoor he no longer a threat, therefore should be downgraded to a lower security level.

Given that his orginal sentence was a minimum of 30 yrs, this could lead to him being released.

Thats my interpretation on this

I agree with this-

Also if he is transferred from Broadmoor to another prison his solicitors will be able to ask for Tariff i.e. under current English law a prisoner who has received a life sentence is entitled to know how many years they have to serve before the sentence of life in prison is considered for any possible modification- not always release and in his case with the sanction of the Home Secretary

PS- Biggs has served ten years in prison out of his thirty year sentence.

anyone interested in this case should read Peter Sutcliffe's Confession Statement

(google it)

Interesting (but scary) read

Guest Shaun Gisby

How can they release this mad man and not Ronald Biggs in his last days? Murderers seem to get less time than other

criminals today. The law's an ass, the legal system's all wrong and most of our judges are of unsound mind. :o

i tend to agree with you on that point are Justice system is not as good as it use to be