Clarity Lack, "Lustre Silver" EP Trademark's Owner.

Kalfred

Hello, "Lustre Silver" is a trade name occasionally found impressed on "electroplated" spoons and forks. I first noted the trade name on a spoon in 2021. I could not make out any associated manufacturer's marks to indicate who could have owned that "Lustre Silver" trade name. The following year I noted 2 more examples of Lustre Silver trade marking and both had further manufacturer's marking. Sadly, for information generation, the 2 items had different extra markings on. 

2Lustresilvercomp.jpg.76da3e56515e2cdcba4b405db75e3828.jpg

One set of associated marks are "FG&S"  another "S", likely for Sheffield and "BP" for Britannia Plate fabrication. The other set is "T", "H" and "B". Looking at the letter cartouches I think it should be read as "TH" and "B". But, who were "FG" and probably "Sons" and who were "TB"?  Were these possible concerns both just retailers of the items or did one of them own the name and manufacture items in Lustre Silver? Up to the week before last that was the simple query I had.
Last week another piece of information came to the puzzle.

LBarnsconeLustresilvercomp.jpg.6043c5cdbb822698e6e0e669a289fc90.jpg

Now this set of extra marks that go with this Lustre Silver I do know quite a bit about.
The "L.B.&.S.N.S" and the figural insect trade mark are very familiar to me. That cricket/grasshopper figural trade mark belonged to Lewis Barnascone (of Sheffield), hence the "L.B.&.S" (& Sons) with the "N.S" for Nickel Silver fabrication. More clarity for Lustre Silver manufacture or more confusion, with an extra firm in the options as owner of the trade name? Lewis Barnascone (Barnescone) also brings some extra words to the problem "cutlery dealer" and "merchant". There are some early Sheffield trade directory entries with Lewis Barnascone as a manufacturer. Early 20th century listings describe the firm as "cutlery dealers". Check below link

https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/topic/18276-grasshopper-pictorial-trademark-lewis-barnascone/?do=findComment&comment=152654    

Where am I left now, having 3 "firms" with spoons/forks using the Lustre Silver trade name? Did any of them manufacture items or did they all buy/commission from another manufacturing concern? I want to put in a extra fish in this frying pan though, even if it may just be a red herring. The  large firm "Harrison Brothers & Howson"  that became "Viners" appear to have been associated with the trade name "Lustrous".

Does anybody have extra information about the Lustre Silver mark?

Kalfred  

10 hours ago, Kalfred said:

But, who were "FG" and probably "Sons"

[FG](&)(S)('star')Frederick Green & Sons - Sheffield (possibly)

Thank you Boginspro and Ponytail for  your suggestions and additions regarding Lustre Silver. Thomas H. Blake would be a candidate as he had by 1885 launched his business in Holly Lane as an electro-plate spoon and fork manufacturer, but I do not think the "THB" is Thomas H. Blake. I see "TH" as the "concern" and  a "B"  for electroplate grade quality. That quote for Frederick Green & Sons, as shown by the respected site "silvercollection.it" could fit but I can not find the Sheffield trade directory entries that back up that sites suggested dating. I checked Sheffield directories around the suggested last decade of the 19th century dates that I could see on line, but found no Frederick Green & Sons. There will be directories that are not on line of course that may have the positive evidence that proves the suggestion. I just think the "Lustre Silver" question needs more answers.
Kalfred 

Frederick Green and Sons were at 84 Bridge street in September 1895, Henry Brooksbank was the manager there, advertising for a youth about 17 years old, used to filing spoons and forks. In June 1896 Greens wanted a girl for polishing and wrapping, and were at the London Works, 7 Eyre Lane - still there in May 1900 when the works were advertised to let .  (From 1862 to 1895 7 Eyre Lane had been occupied by Briddon Brothers, silversmiths).

Thank you Edmund, these dates and addresses largely concur with the information found on the "silvercollection.it" site. Good confirmation (and likely from different sources) for Frederick Green & Sons being the owner of the "FG&S" mark on the lustre silver electroplated utensil.

Kalfred