Sheffield Home of Football

Norton Lees

Sheffield Home of Football became a registered Charity on 21st August 2023 with a new board of trustees and the aim of establishing Sheffield’s first Footballing Heritage Museum and also to celebrate the city’s proud football heritage. Please check out our fledgling site 

https://sheffieldhomeoffootball.org/

We're looking for memorabilia related to any of the Sheffield clubs and of course. looking for volunteers to get involved!

logo--mobile1.jpg

• Like 3

My 4th great grandfather played for the original side, his great grandsons wife May lived until 99 years old, I remember going to her house in darnall in the 80’s. He was the goal scorer of the first ever recorded goal in world football history, also the landlord of the barley corn public house and known as the Sheffield huntsman. A gentleman named M Hardy (also a relative of his) has already researched a lot on this as I’ve found a lot of information on him via his posts as before the internet we only had him in the family tree folder passed down from an aunt and only mentioned him and his sons being keen sports men and landords, amazing what you can find, according to my Mother, there are a lot of relatives bearing the name Sellars still in Sheffield, who know a lot more.

IMG_0269.jpeg

IMG_0289.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

IMG_0271.png

IMG_0272.png

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

IMG_1376.png

• Like 1