Purchased Today

RichardB

The Great War A History - Gresham Publishing.

Volumes 1-16

Seen this advertised as 9 Volumes (Complete); also as 19 Volumes (19 volumes £483.24 on AbeBooks)

Anyway, I paid less than £1 per volume so I don't care lol

Sounds like there could be some stuff in those purchases which could be of interest to Trefcon and Stuart0742, particularly if they include details of Sheffield Soldiers, for inclusion on their excellent linked site about local WW1 soldiers.

Had visitors from Sheffield this weekend, taking some hardware back for Dean and the "1904" for Stuart's consideration. But, I would have been kicked to death by the wife if I'd spend money on stuff then sent it "down the road" before it even made it home ...

Had visitors from Sheffield this weekend, taking some hardware back for Dean and the "1904" for Stuart's consideration. But, I would have been kicked to death by the wife if I'd spend money on stuff then sent it "down the road" before it even made it home ...

So what is this mysterious "1904 stuff" for Stuarts consideration?

It predates WW1 by a full decade.

Have I missed something somewhere?

Yesterday I bought the Sunday at Home - volumes 1883, 1884, 1887, 1889, 1890 + a few other books which are quite rare at less than £1.50 each - you cant but love a general auction!

If there is anything in these which are of interest to anyone shout up and I'll scan a few pages.

Yesterday I bought the Sunday at Home - volumes 1883, 1884, 1887, 1889, 1890 + a few other books which are quite rare at less than £1.50 each - you cant but love a general auction!

If there is anything in these which are of interest to anyone shout up and I'll scan a few pages.

Sunday at Home? :unsure:

Not heard of that one before JSP

What sort of things are in it?

Is it a sort of review / summary / history / almanac of the year so that we have essentially a history of the 1880's?

Not the famous little Red book by Mao Tse Tung on Communism in China?

perhaps a different one... it's a largely christian book with some annecdotes about different towns, i'll hunt out all the sheffield references one weekend!