View of Sheffield

dunsbyowl1867

Came across this in "Milestones in Working Class History' by Norman Longmate which went with a BBC series way back in 1975.

Took a ;-) while to work this out

Came across this in "Milestones in Working Class History' by Norman Longmate which went with a BBC series way back in 1975.

Took a ;-) while to work this out

Great picture, nice find.

Is it Station Approach?

Well it is quite wide, but if it's as wide as it's depicted I don't know. The view point seems to be from the bridge across (Effingham Road?)

I'm wondering what's going on on the piece of land at the side of the canal. Those sticks with triangles look like pennants, but if they are:

1: What are they there for?

2: They're blowing the opposite way to the smoke.

Well it is quite wide, but if it's as wide as it's depicted I don't know. The view point seems to be from the bridge across (Effingham Road?)

I'm wondering what's going on on the piece of land at the side of the canal. Those sticks with triangles look like pennants, but if they are:

Is that where the cattle market was held?

I'm saying nowt; however, a quick check of your PM inbox might be in order (you too Dunsbyowl) ...