The Bradway

Stuart0742

In a long line of Pubs becoming Shops, Nurseries, Churches and the like, I here the Sainsburys want to reopen The Bradway as a "Sainsburys Local"

In a long line of Pubs becoming Shops, Nurseries, Churches and the like, I here the Sainsburys want to reopen The Bradway as a "Sainsburys Local"

Boozers turning into churches, boozers turning into Indian restraunts and now boozers turning into supermarkets.

What will they think of next?

How about boozers that sell a decent pint of beer and have a good quiz night every Wednesday?

Well, Sainsbury are not converting The Bradway into a supermarket, like other pubs.

They have demolished it and are building a supermarket on the site

Boozers turning into churches, boozers turning into Indian restraunts and now boozers turning into supermarkets.

What will they think of next?

How about boozers that sell a decent pint of beer and have a good quiz night every Wednesday?

Don't think they haven't already thought of that one. They'll do it if they can find a way.

They've already managed to almost monopolise the petrol stations between them. Why stop there.

Watch out for the shops round the corner on Twentywell Lane closing down over the next few years.

Cynical to the end. From Dorset.

Guest Barbara M

The Belvedere , Moorgate Rd , Rotherham is a very thriving Tesco small supermarket , it just goes to show that the pubs had the best loacation !!!

Sadly, the British pub is , largely, a thing of the past...a potential community facility which was killed by cheap supermarket booze, greedy pub management companies, an unsympathetic government, who saw them as "cash cows" and, last, but not least, the ban on smoking. For many years I used to call the Bradway my local and in those fairly halcyon days for British pub-life it had some very interesting regulars... who called there for a "quick drink" on the way home from the Office.