Number One World Musical Personality Of The Year

RichardB

Of course, Elvis always won this NME Award ...

except one year - so what year and which long-careeded artist(s) won it ? (Why I can't quite work out).

A-Huh-Huh-Huh etc

oh, and no its not Harry Webb !

except one year - so what year and which long-careeded artist(s) won it ? (Why I can't quite work out).

A-Huh-Huh-Huh etc

Having just done your other musical quiz it wasn't Herb Alpert was it :):angry:

Or even The Beatles <_<

Having just done your other musical quiz it wasn't Herb Alpert was it :):angry:

Or even The Beatles <_<

Neither of those; a strange winner maybe - maybe I'm too young (I wasn't born at the time which may be your first clue if you know how old I am ....)

For new Members, I'm 48 (don't tell Dave ... he he ) - that makes it too old for even the Beatles ...

A-Huh-Huh-Huh etc

Been around a while ...

Neither of those; a strange winner maybe - maybe I'm too young (I wasn't born at the time which may be your first clue if you know how old I am ....)

For new Members, I'm 48 (don't tell Dave ... he he ) - that makes it too old for even the Beatles ...

You said in post #1 that Elvis won it several times.

If you are 48 I'm sure he would have won it a few times before you were born.

Before 1962 then but not Cliff Richard (Harry Webb)

Wild guess, Buddy Holly, in 1958 after his tour of Britain (but before his untimely death in February 1959 obviously)

Am I right?

Well, - That'll be the day lol

You said in post #1 that Elvis won it several times.

If you are 48 I'm sure he would have won it a few times before you were born.

Before 1962 then but not Cliff Richard (Harry Webb)

Wild guess, Buddy Holly, in 1958 after his tour of Britain (but before his untimely death in February 1959 obviously)

Am I right?

Well, - That'll be the day lol

Incorrect, though a good guess.

Wrong about Elvis BTW - he won it every year except 196X (which kind of knocks out 1958, 59, before 1962 - there's not much left !)

Incorrect, though a good guess.

Wrong about Elvis BTW - he won it every year except 196X (which kind of knocks out 1958, 59, before 1962 - there's not much left !)

Narrows it down to 1960 and 1961 then Richard.

I'll have to think about that but we're getting closer.

Narrows it down to 1960 and 1961 then Richard.

I'll have to think about that but we're getting closer.

The first rock and roll guitarist to have a signature model guitar ...

it's Bert Weedon !!!

(Joking)

The first rock and roll guitarist to have a signature model guitar ...

it's Bert Weedon !!!

(Joking)

Bert Weedon had a set of guitar tuition books, for playing UNACCOMPANIED guitar called, officially "Play in a day"

Everyone jokingly, with a lot of sexual inuendo, always refered to them as "Play with yourself in a day"

Bert Weedon had a set of guitar tuition books, for playing UNACCOMPANIED guitar called, officially "Play in a day"

Everyone jokingly, with a lot of sexual inuendo, always refered to them as "Play with yourself in a day"

A whole new meaning to "TWANG" then ?

(Clue Alert !!!!)

Hank Marvin ?

No not Hank.

OK he's another guitarist like Weedon but Hank was a Shadow.

The Shadows would have won it as a group.

Suprised they didn't, they were very popular and turned out some brill guitar stuff.

A whole new meaning to "TWANG" then ?

(Clue Alert !!!!)

You mean "Mr TWANGy guitar" himself won it :blink:

Duane Eddy

What a suprise!

Called Twangy because he only played on the lower strings and in open position. All his pieces were slow and to emphasise the TWANG he frequently played tied semibreves which spanned several bars.

He could play a 3 minute tune using just 25 notes.

If we look at how much he must have earned per note played he must top the list and have been laughing all the way to the Bank.

I thought these were supposed to be little quizzes to get people posting and involved in the site.

Is there only me that bothers replying?

I'm sure some other members would have known that one without me having to struggle with the clues.

I thought these were supposed to be little quizzes to get people posting and involved in the site.

I thought this was me unloading some rubbish that has been occupying my brain for the last 30 years ...

now, especially for you Dave :

Provide the link between "The Korgies" of "Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime" fame (1980) and Laurel and Hardy ...

just to make it interesting there is only one step.

He was on the telly not long ago. He's touring UK I think.

Cocker and Hawley are involved in some way.

If he is involved with those two there is a very good chance he will be coming to Sheffield then on his tour and performing here.

May be worth looking out for.

I thought this was me unloading some rubbish that has been occupying my brain for the last 30 years ...

now, especially for you Dave :

Provide the link between "The Korgies" of "Everybody's Got to Learn Sometime" fame (1980) and Laurel and Hardy ...

just to make it interesting there is only one step.

Well, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into Stanley! err, I mean Richard

I am not that well up on the works of the Korgis (at 1980 they are a bit too modern for me) but I have a good working knowledge of the life and works of Stan and Ollie.

I would perhaps be better approaching this one the other way round, as a link between L&H to the Korgis rather than a link from the Korgis to L&H.

Unless someone else knows and would like to answer, - although the question was introduced as "especially for you Dave" this time I may need a bit of extra help on this one.

Well, here's another fine mess you've gotten me into Stanley! err, I mean Richard

I am not that well up on the works of the Korgis (at 1980 they are a bit too modern for me) but I have a good working knowledge of the life and works of Stan and Ollie.

I would perhaps be better approaching this one the other way round, as a link between L&H to the Korgis rather than a link from the Korgis to L&H.

Unless someone else knows and would like to answer, - although the question was introduced as "especially for you Dave" this time I may need a bit of extra help on this one.

It's definately Korgis then backwards Dave, even I couldn't do it forwards ... and I know

If it helps its just Stan (no Ollie) <- link (musical group, rock, 1976) < - Korgis - so Do the Stanley ... dance-wise (backwards)- the answer is in there somewhere.

especially for you - was because only you were answering !If your head begins to boil, you can internet this one, but when you Stack it all up on a Ridge and look at it, you'll find I've provided a lot of information..

If it helps its just Stan (no Ollie)

So is the connection to :-

Stan (Laurel), - the thin English one who cries a lot and does and says stupid things, or :-

Oliver (Hardy), - the fat American one who is a bit pompous and considers himself a cut above, but always ends up being Stans fall guy

So is the connection to :-

Stan (Laurel), - the thin English one who cries a lot and does and says stupid things, or :-

Oliver (Hardy), - the fat American one who is a bit pompous and considers himself a cut above, but always ends up being Stans fall guy

Korgies -> Someone/Something -> Stan Laurel (the thin one) - music is involved, 1976 is involved, oh, and a dance ...

Did I mention Stackridge and Do the Stanley ?? in any way ?

Korgies -> Someone/Something -> Stan Laurel (the thin one) - music is involved, 1976 is involved, oh, and a dance ...

Did I mention Stackridge and Do the Stanley ?? in any way ?

Did I mention what!!!

Not familiar with either of those Richard.

Laurel and Hardy thenselves did have a record in the charts in 1975.

It was the song "The Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia", taken directly from the soundtrack of one of their longer films (I think it was "Way Out West")

The connection is that some members of Stackridge formed the Korgis

You're right you know; how did you get it ? and what is "Do the Stanley" ??? which is the actual link.