Saved £100 Today

Stuart0742

Due to the way insurance companies work, I have saved £100 today

I received my Buildings and Contents renewal from a very well known company. It had increased dramatically since last year.

Not happy with paying the new amount, I got an online quote from the same company before I rang them, this quote was just over £100 cheaper.

So I rang the company, the best they could do was a £25 loyalty discount, but could not match their own online quote.

Advice from Call Centre person was to cancel existing policy and take up the online quote, which I did

Where's the sense in this, on this occasion I stopped with the same company, but with a new policy, saved £100 and got exactly the same policy and conditions, well actually it is slightly better as new policies now include annual travel insurance.

Due to the way insurance companies work, I have saved £100 today

I received my Buildings and Contents renewal from a very well known company. It had increased dramatically since last year.

Not happy with paying the new amount, I got an online quote from the same company before I rang them, this quote was just over £100 cheaper.

So I rang the company, the best they could do was a £25 loyalty discount, but could not match their own online quote.

Advice from Call Centre person was to cancel existing policy and take up the online quote, which I did

Where's the sense in this, on this occasion I stopped with the same company, but with a new policy, saved £100 and got exactly the same policy and conditions, well actually it is slightly better as new policies now include annual travel insurance.

We've done this with a certain company in the past, it all sounds a bit crazy

but it pays to look at all the ins and outs.

I always look for cheaper quotes whenever I receice a renewal, but with the same company

I always look for cheaper quotes whenever I receice a renewal, but with the same company

From years of experience I can verify that Stuart always gets a good deal.

There was a time when he had British Gas paying him for using their gas :o

I have already told the full story of this, and other related tales of getting a good deal in this topic

Summat Fer Nowt

Now that was good

I use that story to bore those pushy salesmen (usually EON) you get in Supermarket entrances.

Now that was good

I use that story to bore those pushy salesmen (usually EON) you get in Supermarket entrances.

Well, they're not going to get you to switch to EON are they as they would not be able to better the offer you had from British Gas without making a loss on it.

In fact British Gas seemed to withdraw their offer once they realised the mistake they had made.

How long have you and your Tinywifelette been with this bank, Mr B ?

66 years ... I suspect we're not getting the best deal.

For security reasons could you confirm your date of birth and place of birth ?

xx/xx/xxxxx, Sheffield

Could you spell that please ?

<Click><Brrrrr>