Bizarre Or Just Unusual?

Bayleaf

Bizarre I would say, whatever next "Build your own Basil Rathbone in Bamboo" with instructions in Cantonese ?

09iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii <- typed by the rear, drivers side leg of Rosie the Kitten.

We are lead to believe that these model plans, in Polish are to build the HMS Sheffield which was sunk during the Falklands war. The ship which was launched in 1971.

When I was a kid, before 1971, the Airfix model of HMS Sheffield was the previous one which had seen service in the Second World War and had played a part in the sinking of the Bismark.

Now that picture on the plans shown in the link looks more like the WW2 HMS Sheffield than the Falklands one.

But then again I am no expert at all on ships.

I am sure that someone on here will know for definate which one it is in the picture.

We are lead to believe that these model plans, in Polish are to build the HMS Sheffield which was sunk during the Falklands war. The ship which was launched in 1971.

When I was a kid, before 1971, the Airfix model of HMS Sheffield was the previous one which had seen service in the Second World War and had played a part in the sinking of the Bismark.

Now that picture on the plans shown in the link looks more like the WW2 HMS Sheffield than the Falklands one.

But then again I am no expert at all on ships.

I am sure that someone on here will know for definate which one it is in the picture.

It is the HMS Sheffield that served in WW2, Dave,

here is a review of the kit that was published/made in Poland.

The instructions included were in two languages,

English & Polish.

The HMS Sheffield that served in the Falklands

It is the HMS Sheffield that served in WW2, Dave,

here is a review of the kit that was published/made in Poland.

The instructions included were in two languages,

English & Polish.

The HMS Sheffield that served in the Falklands

I knew it,

The picture, and most likely the model are of the WW2 HMS Sheffield

But the person selling it, with Polish instructions, thinks its the Falklands one. :angry:

Talk about not knowing anything about what you are trying to sell, - that guy has a great career ahead of him in retail at just about any high street electrical or computer store. lol

I knew it,

The picture, and most likely the model are of the WW2 HMS Sheffield

But the person selling it, with Polish instructions, thinks its the Falklands one. :angry:

Talk about not knowing anything about what you are trying to sell, - that guy has a great career ahead of him in retail at just about any high street electrical or computer store. lol

Well I'm not sending him a message telling him, If he cannot do his own research,

then that's his fault.

I did once contact an ebay seller about a postcard,

that he stated was a picture of Sharrow Lane in Sheffield.

I managed to trace the place and found the exact same picture,

it was down south somewhere.

He did reply thanking me.