Now With Sky

RichardB

Been a Telewest/NTL/Virgin user since 1997, now with Sky - lets see how it goes.

I have been on sky for about 18 months & don't have any problems although its a bit tricky to link sky mail to Outlook Express but I managed it.

John

I have been on sky for about 18 months & don't have any problems although its a bit tricky to link sky mail to Outlook Express but I managed it.

John

I'm with blueyonder (virgin) and also use Outlook Express,

once you have got the settings right in the OE mail you can Export them,

and save to a folder.

By doing so you will not have to go through the same rigmarole again,

all you need do is Import the settings.

Been a Telewest/NTL/Virgin user since 1997, now with Sky - lets see how it goes.

Sky are ok til you have to phone them, then its appalling

Sky are ok til you have to phone them, then its appalling

Stuart has Sky, I have Blueyonder / Virgin Media so we have both seen both in action.

To be honest I don't think there is that much between them for TV (except that V+ lets you record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a single cable, Sky+ needs 2 wires to handle 1 channel less) For Telephone Virgin has its own while Sky relies heavily on BT lines. For Internet again not much to choose between them unless you are prepared to pay a much higher price when Virgin, being a cable network, can offer higher speed broadband than Sky.

Stuart has Sky, I have Blueyonder / Virgin Media so we have both seen both in action.

To be honest I don't think there is that much between them for TV (except that V+ lets you record 2 channels and watch a 3rd on a single cable, Sky+ needs 2 wires to handle 1 channel less) For Telephone Virgin has its own while Sky relies heavily on BT lines. For Internet again not much to choose between them unless you are prepared to pay a much higher price when Virgin, being a cable network, can offer higher speed broadband than Sky.

Hey you are all very lucky to be able to complain about the speed of broadband. Telefonica, makes BT look like the most user friendly people in the world. B) So come on Virgin, BT, AOL etc. challenge the parochial minded Telefonica and wipe them off the map. Incidentally, I don´t expect miracles to happen very quickly in my rural world at he expense of hideous pylons/towers, etc. As you can see we are connected, via satellite but at a cost.b :blink: What I´m trying to say is that we all want the ability to communicate (like we do) but not at the expense of more intrusion on our landscape (can´t win really)

Hey you are all very lucky to be able to complain about the speed of broadband. Telefonica, makes BT look like the most user friendly people in the world. B) So come on Virgin, BT, AOL etc. challenge the parochial minded Telefonica and wipe them off the map. Incidentally, I don´t expect miracles to happen very quickly in my rural world at he expense of hideous pylons/towers, etc. As you can see we are connected, via satellite but at a cost.b :blink: What I´m trying to say is that we all want the ability to communicate (like we do) but not at the expense of more intrusion on our landscape (can´t win really)

The only option where we are is satellite, it's not too bad, well, better than dial-up. Being from Yorkshire I only have a cheap plan with limited download, when I use up my quota towards the end of the month they slow the speed down, can't use audio or video, but it doesn't worry me, I have a good library and can always read a book. I get more satisfaction reading than surfing the net anyday.

The only option where we are is satellite, it's not too bad, well, better than dial-up. Being from Yorkshire I only have a cheap plan with limited download, when I use up my quota towards the end of the month they slow the speed down, can't use audio or video, but it doesn't worry me, I have a good library and can always read a book. I get more satisfaction reading than surfing the net anyday.

Sounds like the same cheapo plan that we have lol. I agree though, despite enjoying the occasional foray for information, a good book is priceless entertainment.