Danville Mount & Writtle Street.

Guest Decky Doris

Guest Decky Doris

Hi folks, I've been trying to find these places as they are where my Great great Grandparents lived in 1891 & 1911. I found Danville Street, just below Burnsgreave cemetery, but not Danville Mount, I assumed they would be close together. Also Writtle Street I've been unable to find, although it is listed on picture sheffield, there is no picture!! If anyone can help, that would be great.

Hi Doris,

part of Writtle Street and some of the old houses could still exist,

shown as Maxwell Way off Sutherland Road ..

Writtle Street here.

Link to OS map #86

Link to Flash Earth

<iframe width="562" height="314" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=53.395459,-1.453909&amp;panoid=r8PxAC_QEQA4PbxGKQ35EQ&amp;cbp=13,219.05,,0,-1.54&amp;ll=53.393606,-1.453629&amp;spn=0,0.00603&amp;z=17&amp;source=embed&amp;output=svembed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;layer=c&amp;cbll=53.395459,-1.453909&amp;panoid=r8PxAC_QEQA4PbxGKQ35EQ&amp;cbp=13,219.05,,0,-1.54&amp;ll=53.393606,-1.453629&amp;spn=0,0.00603&amp;z=17&amp;source=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

There is a photograph of Danville Street in this Topic

it looks to have been taken from the top of the street next to No.112 on the corner of Sun Street.

The road on the right where the corner shop is looks like Letwell Place to me.

it looks to have been taken from the top of the street next to No.112 on the corner of Sun Street.

Fine work Steve, have a pay rise (apply to Admin)

Guest Decky Doris

Can't thank you enough, thats brilliant,really helpful.

Can't thank you enough, thats brilliant,really helpful.

Hi Doris l lived a stones throw from Writtle St, a lady was killed on there during the war by shrapnel, whilst leaning out of the bedroom window to see the planes flying over Cheers skeets