Does anyone remember?

dunsbyowl1867

cann the music man became vallances on chapel walk.

Welcome to Sheffield History dingledong and thank you for posting.

I think you are correct, I seem to remember a shop called Vallances on Chapel Walk and I think it was the shop which replaced Phillip Cann if I remember correctly.

Thanks for thr reminder.

Guest dingledong

i only know because i worked there from about 1974. great bloke called ted hurley was in charge of the musical instruments dept. i started work in the office answering the switchboard and learning to type, which involved going through the telephone directory and typing out envelopes to everyone in the phone book, i left before i finnished.

Guest Barbara M

I remember in the mid '70s going into Bradleys, Fargate for a LP that my husband wanted called " The Po Fishers Duet " ......he said.!!

They were very helpful & spent a lot of time searching the classic records before someone suggested the perhaps it was " The PEARL Fishers Duet " that he wanted !!!

I was so embarrased but Bradleys were very nice & polite , I have never forgot it to this day & we always have a chuckle every time we hear the record , which I bought of course !!

Barbara

My Mom once tried to buy This for me when it issued on CD.

I remember in the mid '70s going into Bradleys, Fargate for a LP that my husband wanted called " The Po Fishers Duet " ......he said.!!

They were very helpful & spent a lot of time searching the classic records before someone suggested the perhaps it was " The PEARL Fishers Duet " that he wanted !!!

I was so embarrased but Bradleys were very nice & polite , I have never forgot it to this day & we always have a chuckle every time we hear the record , which I bought of course !!

Barbara

Does anyone remember what that pub was called on high street where you used to have to go down stairs to it?

Hi topcat70, and welcome to SheffieldHistory.

Pub .. The Old Blue Bell had a downstairs room,

Or more likely, could it be a Nightclub you are thinking of ? .. The Beer Keller, later named The Crazy Daisy, then

Legends, Wiki link, and a

Has Violet May's shop been mentioned yet, bless her?

Violet May has a topic devoted to her ..