I Don't Belieeeeve It

hilldweller

Favourite Font  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favourite font ?

• Comic Sans
    • The Forum default
    • Other

I hope this is not too much off topic apart from the fact that I hate the description "Human Resources" - don't know why - reminds me of a cattle market.

Anyway, here in Switzerland (my impression) the directors down to the waste paper basket emptiers are often to be found in the same restaurant (pubs are scarce).

Many years ago I was having a drink in one of these "establishments" when one of our waste paper basket emptiers, pointing at the director of our company, said to his mate in quite a loud voice "hey, he works with me."

I hate the description "Human Resources" - don't know why - reminds me of a cattle market.

Reminds me of spare part surgery / stem cell research etc.

Not that any of those snobby sorts who introduce themselves with the "Oh, I work in Human Resources" line is likely to kmow anything about current medical research.

I used to have a boss back in the 60's who always told people he was in PR as people thought his actual job of librarian was boring. These days I don't think many people would say they were in PR, it's got a very different image, and I think HR may well be the same.

And the Hilldweller Award for drifting off topic goes to ?

I'm extremely able to take any conversation off topic without anybody realising until it's too late.

Which old Sheffield Notable was known for never giving a straight answer to a question ?

When someone tried to catch him out by asking him if the London mailcoach left for the capital from his pub, knowing full well that it did, he replied, "what do you want to go to London for " ?

There I've done it again.

HD

Or, to quote the CEO of a large water recycling company: "I'm in sewerage"

Workers are usually in sewage when they make a mess of the job, whatever their job is lol

Looking at the original topic title, should this one get some sort of award for the greatest Topic Drift?

The topic title is "I don't beleeeeeeive it!!!!"

Perhaps we don't believe that we can go so far off topic

Or perhaps there are just lots of things that we just don't believe.

Some people, according to a TV advert for a tub of margarine, can't believe it's not butter.