Rington's Tea Anyone?

ukelele lady

Don't tell me, I know what comes next, -

They called him Ernie

..and he drove the fastest milk cart in the west!

lol

Charlie, with his 1920s Morris. W/E.

Charlie, with his 1920s Morris. W/E.

They called him Charlie

..and he drove the fastest 1920's Morris in Sheffield!

No, I don't think that will ever make a No. 1 hit record Mr. Hill. lol

I was just working on that one,

Benny Hill was one of my favourites.

I have recently refered to, somewhat off topic" another piece of Benny Hill nostalgia in the "Flora & Fauna" topic.

In this case it was to do with his use of the music "Yakety Sax" in his silent film, speeded up comedy chase sequences.

Now I'm a coffee person, it's my wife that likes tea.

Now if they could deliver tea to continental Europe my wife would sign up for it.

When we go abroad she has to pack tea and take it with her to ensure she gets a decent cuppa while on holiday.

The Europeans don't drink tea like we do.

They don't make tea like we do either. Here's how a German man made his tea last

week in Spain.

He put the hot water [ not boiling ] in the cup first then the cold milk, then the

teabag. So now we know why we get weak weak tea abroad. I don't like it strong but

I like a bit of colour to it. :)

We've had Ringtons delivered to our door for the last 25 years or so.I do think it is the best tea you can get. the others,PG Typhoo Tetley only have enough strength for a small cup and not a mug like Ringtons do. ;-)

We've had Ringtons delivered to our door for the last 25 years or so.I do think it is the best tea you can get. the others,PG Typhoo Tetley only have enough strength for a small cup and not a mug like Ringtons do. ;-)

I may not be a big tea drinker but I am not so sure about that.

What about Tetleys tea bags with their "little perforations" that "LET THE FLAVOUR FLOOD OUT"

In the words taken from an advertisement spoken by that great Yorkshireman the late Brian Glover.

I may not be a big tea drinker but I am not so sure about that.

What about Tetleys tea bags with their "little perforations" that "LET THE FLAVOUR FLOOD OUT"

In the words taken from an advertisement spoken by that great Yorkshireman the late Brian Glover.

Then of course for a real Yorkshireman there is always "YORKSHIRE TEA"

Not, as I once told some southern fools who believed it "grown on the tea slopes of north yorkshire in the vale of Pickering"

But, imported and distributed by tea merchants Taylors of Harrogate.

Then of course for a real Yorkshireman there is always "YORKSHIRE TEA"

Not, as I once told some southern fools who believed it "grown on the tea slopes of north yorkshire in the vale of Pickering"

But, imported and distributed by tea merchants Taylors of Harrogate.

In our tea syndicate at work a Lancashire lad (from Bolton) didn't like our Yorkshire tea and when it was his turn to get the tea in he managed to produce a packet of "LANCASHIRE TEA", packaged in a similar way to Yorkshire tea but carrying a map of Lancashire on the box instead of Yorkshire.

I must admit it did taste different though.

It wasn't as good lol

Which probably explains why Yorkshire tea is more popular, more well known and more readily available in the shops than Lancashire tea.

I bet they both come from the same distributors warehouse though.

"grown on the tea slopes of north yorkshire in the vale of Pickering"

I can get Yorkshire Tea here in Tas, its not easy to get and its not cheap (straight from the tea clipper at Hobart Docks) but I do indulge myself occasionally. I treat it like a rare Scotch Whiskey, taken in moderation, always in the evening, with a recording of Last Night of the Proms playing in the background. When I brought it up with our tea syndicate at work, all I got were suspicious looks and cynical remarks - and I didn't even mention the tea slopes in the Vale of Pickering! You can see now why I'm a devotee of the Sheffield History Website.

I can get Yorkshire Tea here in Tas, its not easy to get and its not cheap (straight from the tea clipper at Hobart Docks) but I do indulge myself occasionally. I treat it like a rare Scotch Whiskey, taken in moderation, always in the evening, with a recording of Last Night of the Proms playing in the background. When I brought it up with our tea syndicate at work, all I got were suspicious looks and cynical remarks - and I didn't even mention the tea slopes in the Vale of Pickering! You can see now why I'm a devotee of the Sheffield History Website.

When I referred to "some southern fools" I meant people who lived further south in England than Yorkshire.

To be precise, not that far south, - I work just over the border in Derbyshire and I had some of them believing it was actually grown in Yorkshire.

I didn't mean as far south as Tasmania!!