Nigerian Scam ?

hilldweller

Am I alone in receiving text messages about once a week which purport to be advising me about Nigerian exchange rates. It's obviously some sort of scam and I've not been daft enough to respond in any way. As soon as they appear I delete them and my credit balance hasn't been got at. They don't contain a return number and I'm at a loss to see how they could gain from them.

Weird !

HD

Am I alone in receiving text messages about once a week which purport to be advising me about Nigerian exchange rates. It's obviously some sort of scam and I've not been daft enough to respond in any way. As soon as they appear I delete them and my credit balance hasn't been got at. They don't contain a return number and I'm at a loss to see how they could gain from them.

Weird !

HD

Both the text messages I've received this year have been from a family member, so, I'm OK.

I even replied to one.

Both the text messages I've received this year have been from a family member, so, I'm OK.

I even replied to one.

Text messages from family members, now that is seriously scary.

At least I've only got to contend with foreign gangsters.

HD

Text messages from family members, now that is seriously scary.

At least I've only got to contend with foreign gangsters.

HD

Only receive the Nigerian scam emails very occasionally.

Spam filter gets rid of most of them.

Like you I just delete them as they are not cleverly diguised and are clearly a scam.

Text messages from family members?

Some of them could be foreign gangsters :o