Sword Of Stalingrad

RichardB

Guest skeets

Regards SANDERSON & NEWBOULDS they made handsaws too, l had one for over 40ys till l came to France, it was stolen with many more treasured tools from a new shed l had erected on the site whilst l was having the bungalow built , l made the mistake of offering coffee to the lads on site who were very interested in my tools as l was cleaning them ready for use , in a few days after they went so went the tools, and about 400 Euros worth of garden tools as well [ I thought what have l done coming here], l had no evidence so l let things lie, since then l have left lots of valuable stuff,lying out and never had anything taken in 6 yrs, so l know they were the guilty party, l got over the new stuff going but l do miss my Sanderson saw and the other tools also. skeets

Regards SANDERSON & NEWBOULDS they made handsaws too, l had one for over 40ys till l came to France, it was stolen with many more treasured tools from a new shed l had erected on the site whilst l was having the bungalow built , l made the mistake of offering coffee to the lads on site who were very interested in my tools as l was cleaning them ready for use , in a few days after they went so went the tools, and about 400 Euros worth of garden tools as well [ I thought what have l done coming here], l had no evidence so l let things lie, since then l have left lots of valuable stuff,lying out and never had anything taken in 6 yrs, so l know they were the guilty party, l got over the new stuff going but l do miss my Sanderson saw and the other tools also. skeets

Sorry to hear about your handsaw Skeets, I didn't nick it by the way, I've never been to France. When I worked at Orgreave they had a set of A to Z punches and we had to punch our initials on all our tools. That was 40 years ago and I still have in my tool box one large initialled chrome vanadium spanner which is a cherished memento of a significant part of my life. Trouble is they aren't my initials on the spanner. So, if your initials are RD and you worked in the electrical dept. at Orgreave Coke Ovens in the 1960's, I might have your spanner. You can collect it anytime.

Sorry to hear about your handsaw Skeets, I didn't nick it by the way, I've never been to France. When I worked at Orgreave they had a set of A to Z punches and we had to punch our initials on all our tools. That was 40 years ago and I still have in my tool box one large initialled chrome vanadium spanner which is a cherished memento of a significant part of my life. Trouble is they aren't my initials on the spanner. So, if your initials are RD and you worked in the electrical dept. at Orgreave Coke Ovens in the 1960's, I might have your spanner. You can collect it anytime.

That's one long walk !, how much by taxi ?

The trouble is if someone steals your tools they steal the mark as well, identification marks are only of any use if you work alongside a lot of workmates and tools get miixed up. skeets. ps l'm ok for spanners but thanks for the offer