Manor Castle Remains 28Th Sept 2010

beemerchez

Another Link, because the site doesn't allow two in one post :blink:

http://manor-lodge.dept.shef.ac.uk/

This time for Archaeology @ Manor Lodge which contains lots of images of the Manor and some of the finds. B)

Multiple links can be added to a post. :mellow:

01/ http://www.shef.ac.uk/archaeology/field-schools-index/manor-reports.html

02/ http://manor-lodge.dept.shef.ac.uk/

Multiple links can be added to a post. :mellow:

Well I got a message saying too many media things added! Is it because I was using fast reply for it?

Well I got a message saying too many media things added! Is it because I was using fast reply for it?

Just tried it in fast reply, worked OK.

Want to see what the Manor Lodge looked like in Tudor times and also later on? Well the link below will show you both in a 3D reconstruction of the site. The two sub-heads take you to two maps. Clicking on the red icons will show the images. There is also an interactive guide which will explain the strutures. Just run your mouse over the images and the pointer will change, clicking on it will show the information.

Manor 3D

I took a look at the 3-D "Industrial Hamlet" view (versus the Tudor Era view) and whereas I was formerly more or less convinced that my forebears lived in the Long Gallery 1830-1848, I am now even more convinced given the Long Gallery's apparent size and household accommodating capacity when or as compared to addressing clues in the 1841 census.

Somebody did a nice job there with the 3-D / 360 degree reconstructions.

Mike

Guest DebExpat

Manor Castle Yard 1841

Bailey, Arom - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 9 years.

Barnes, Bridget - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 18 years.

Barnes, Eliza - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 18 years.

Barnes, Elizabeth - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 6m years.

Barnes, Eve - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 5 years.

Barnes, Ezaeciah - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 8 years.

Barnes, George - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 49 years.

Barnes, George - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 21 years.

Barnes, Issac - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 12 years.

Barnes, Joseph - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 65 years.

Barnes, Joseph - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park Aged 15 years.

Barnes, Rebecca - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 49 years.

Barnes, William - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 7 years.

George and Rebecca Barnes are my ggg grandparents and their son Joseph is my gg grandfather! This is a great site and the historical information is very interesting.

Arom, Aroni ... ? Transcribed as Aroni - think he's Aron by 1851, Lodger, living Manor - and a bonus for Ukelele Lady, he's a lodger at the house of Thomas Jackson, Victualler.

Manor Castle Yard 1841 Bailey, Arom - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 9 years. Barnes, Bridget - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 18 years. Barnes, Eliza - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 18 years. Barnes, Elizabeth - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 6m years. Barnes, Eve - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 5 years. Barnes, Ezaeciah - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 8 years. Barnes, George - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 49 years. Barnes, George - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 21 years. Barnes, Issac - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 12 years. Barnes, Joseph - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 65 years. Barnes, Joseph - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park Aged 15 years. Barnes, Rebecca - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 49 years. Barnes, William - Manor Castle Yard, Sheffield Park. Aged 7 years. George and Rebecca Barnes are my ggg grandparents and their son Joseph is my gg grandfather! This is a great site and the historical information is very interesting.

Guest little girl

hi,

i have found out that manor lodge is said to be haunted by Mary Queen of scots and hope that this info might be of some help lol