Sypte Livery

Stuart0742

The brown and cream livery, love or hate it was applied to all our buses during the 1980's

but if I remember correctly it was only applied to 1 1st generation DMU, does anybody remember the class and number (s)

Sheffield Station 6/2/87

The brown and cream livery, love or hate it was applied to all our buses during the 1980's

but if I remember correctly it was only applied to 1 1st generation DMU, does anybody remember the class and number (s)

Sheffield Station 6/2/87

Class 114 "Derby Heavyweight" vehicles 53045 (a DMBS) and 54004 (a DTCL), according to Platform 5's Locomotives & Coaching Stock 1988 book, confirmed by this page on the Railcar Association website

Class 114 "Derby Heavyweight" vehicles 53045 (a DMBS) and 54004 (a DTCL), according to Platform 5's Locomotives & Coaching Stock 1988 book, confirmed by this page on the Railcar Association website

I knew you would know

Thanks

I knew you would know

Thanks

I knew it was a Class 114 set, but I had to look the coach numbers up: good thing I hardly ever throw any books away.

Another fine photo. Wish I had been photographing trains back then as well as the buses.

I knew it was a Class 114 set, but I had to look the coach numbers up: good thing I hardly ever throw any books away.

Another fine photo. Wish I had been photographing trains back then as well as the buses.

I have scanned 474 now (6 x 4 prints or negatives) a few more to go

Sheffield Station 6/2/87

Great picture Stuart.

I have commented before about coming into Sheffield Midland station by train and on seeing those Norfolk Park tower blocks, sadly no longer with us, which dominated that East Bank hillside it was a very welcoming sign that you were home.

In this picture those Claywood blocks behind the station still give me that feeling and leave you in absolutely no doubt where the picture was taken.

Another shot of the SYPTE Liveried unit

6/11/86